Best gel polish for thin, weak nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have very thin nails. I'm currently using artistic gloss and it does stay on for about a week and a half, but it starts to lift at the free edge especially once my nails start getting long. I recently bought the correction gel to wear underneath but noticed upon removal my nails were in worse shape. I'm still trying to get them back to normal, and have since ditched the correction gel. Any thoughts on why that would happen?

Is that the brush on correction gel or the builder pot one?

So myself, mum and fried all have really thin and weak nails.
I've tried cuccio veneer and after a week it seems to just come away the free edge on us all, another friend it lasts weeks. Though it's perfectly fine on my toes.
So I really want a gel polish that will last on weak/thin nails.
are u using the fuse with it

Is that the brush on correction gel or the builder pot one?

I used the brush on correction gel. When I was removing the product, there seemed to be clear spot remaining that were bumpy and trying to get them off left my nails in rough shape. I'm not sure if I did something wrong. But I have heard this happen to someone else, so I thought maybe it was the product itself

If I'm honest, I don't really know exactly what is in Gell 2 that makes it so strong on my nails. I actually looked at my training notes to try and give you an answer, so I'm going to give you some quotes.

It's a two-step professional system that is unique from any other on the market.
It's fused with Micronized Calcium that helps nails stay strong and healthy for up to 3 weeks.
It's free of traditional harsh solvents and is designed to protect and fortify natural nails.
Nails remain hydrated throughout wear and stay strong.
Xtreme shine top coat ideal for clients with thin or weak nails.

Since I posted this I have tried using their 'Glass Skyscraper Gel' over my gel polish as another way of strengthening nails and I have actually been able to wear them longer than I have in years. It's allowed me to change the shape of my nails to almond/oval instead of square for strength.

Hope this has been helpful x
I was of the impression that calcium has nothing much to do with natural nails.
Is this just marketing to help get people to buy it , as is confusing compared to what Doug Schoon says here

Quote " No, there isn’t any evidence to support ingestion or topical application of calcium will benefit the natural nail in any way. Nails (and hair) do NOT contain any significant amounts of calcium and are instead made of keratin. The nail plate only contains a tiny amount of calcium (less than 0.1%)."
https://www.facebook.com/doug.schoon/posts/10205445323716824

I was of the impression that calcium has nothing much to do with natural nails.
Is this just marketing to help get people to buy it , as is confusing compared to what Doug Schoon says here

Quote " No, there isn’t any evidence to support ingestion or topical application of calcium will benefit the natural nail in any way. Nails (and hair) do NOT contain any significant amounts of calcium and are instead made of keratin. The nail plate only contains a tiny amount of calcium (less than 0.1%)."
https://www.facebook.com/doug.schoon/posts/10205445323716824
I am aware of what Doug Schoon researches, and I did consider this when trying out Gel 2, but for me the results speak for themselves and the condition of my nails after using Gel 2 are great and that is what made me convert.
I have never relied on what companies quote, but always done a trial on my own nails before offering to clients, if I wasn't happy then I would not offer it. After trying several different brands over the years Gel 2 is the one that worked best on my thin nails, maybe it's not the calcium but just the formula, or the lack of the 5 harsh solvents. I have seen great improvements in some clients nails and I can't argue with great results. x

Latest posts

Back