Best hair care for bleached hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliette1308

Reaction score
Hello,
I have highlighted hair, partly with bleach partly with foils of Igora royal highlift blond.
My hair is naturally level 5-6, 20% gray,, curly with red undertones as I was strawberry blond as a child.
As the bleached streaks are in not-so-good condition, (I recently did one clarifying shampoo instead of the blondme shampoo to remove excess toner, which was a bad idea) I am looking for the best cures.

I have tried schwarzkopf blondme bonding mask, Revlon colorslik, Loreal smart blond n°3.

I also put a mixture of vegetal oils when its wet, and before going to bed when I find it isn't shiny enough, which gives pretty good results (comes out soft and shiny), but I feel the effect is more cosmetic than repairing.

I've red good comments about Redken products or Ketarase. I live in Europe, so there may be some US products I couldn't find. Any thoughts? should I just stick to the blondme mask more regularly?

Are you a qualified hairdresser?
I’d never use highlift tints on anyone lower than an 8 as they’re just not strong enough.

you are right, highlight doesn't lift my hair to very light blonde. But it works very well on my eldest daughter who is a 7-8 natural blonde, and looks for a very natural looking light blonde. I don't even use 40v developer on her roots, 30 is enough with Igora royal 10.1 - toned with Dialight 9.02 and she was happy. I started training myself because where I live, hairdressers are not used to my kind of hair with natural red undertones, and most do not know how to make a light strawberry blonde, which is rather uncommon and not fashionable here (I live near Paris ; 13 years ago that was the color I was looking for- so I turned to DIY with professional products from Loreal and then Wella koleston, and sometimes did highlights with studio blond). I saw some very beautiful strawberry blondes in Copenhagen though. I do like to experiment myself, have read a lot, chose quality products, remain cautious (used Blondme & 20v on my youngest daughter for roots retouch and was awesome how soft her hair came out), and do sometimes go to the hairdresser. Few hairdressers here use Blondme because it is expensive (though you can get it at a reasonable price through german sites), and maybe german.
It is also the opportunity for me to realize that - while its not so difficult for me to learn the chemistry and how colors (moving/adding pigments) work together, nothing can replace the gestures learnt during hours of training that the professional have - as well as their experience (except that they are used to certain kinds of hair). Also a pity, almost no hairdresser here does a balayage or highlights without using heat, it always drys my hair to much. I don't use heat other than the one generated by the chemical reaction (and heat nicely the bathroom). I do admire the work of very good color - hairdressers - there are some.
I also read the forum rules, so I am not asking advice about coloring. Just about hair care. Anyway I will try out the Eugene Perma Ultimate repair mask (french made) which I just got myself. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back