Best iPad in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone explain the difference in an IPad, IPad 2, IPad Air and IPad Air 2?

The minis are just small right?

I really would love an online booking system and have an iPad so will start doing my research- is there such a thing as client cards that can be kept online and signed on the iPad? This would be amazing if there were!!

I really would love an online booking system and have an iPad so will start doing my research- is there such a thing as client cards that can be kept online and signed on the iPad? This would be amazing if there were!!
Ovatu do something like this. They can be made to your requirements and come with a signature box.

We still use paper forms. We take a pic of these with the ipad straight from the clients details, straight onto the clients details (so not having to store on the ipad). We make notes that are immediately visible on any contras, patch testing etc and we can then put these forms into storage rather than pretending to try and find them. We update clients info straight into the client notes when we do treatments.

We try and keep the ipad in the treatment rooms but do tend to carry them about with us x

Ovatu do something like this. They can be made to your requirements and come with a signature box.

We still use paper forms. We take a pic of these with the ipad straight from the clients details, straight onto the clients details (so not having to store on the ipad). We make notes that are immediately visible on any contras, patch testing etc and we can then put these forms into storage rather than pretending to try and find them. We update clients info straight into the client notes when we do treatments.

We try and keep the ipad in the treatment rooms but do tend to carry them about with us x
I'll have to speak to Peter about how I do these signatures!

Tbh @Grace_Hair, we're happy with the pics and uploads. You can also email the form to clients so they can fill in and return to you. This acts like a signature as it's come from their email.

Vic x

I've just downloaded Ovatu last week and still finding my way around it. I didn't know this but it sounds great

Is there a programme on an iPad that you can add all customers details etc just basic ones? I have so many client cards and it just keeps growing lol! All my business accounts etc are on my personal iPad and I'm worried something happens so I'm going to get the iPad mini (o2 have a good deal on pay as you go) and transfer all my business stuff onto it, would like to be able to use the callender and hopefully something that stores all client details too!! Xx

Ps and I'll be able to clear some of the millions of photos I have on my phone and personal iPad lol!

Is there a programme on an iPad that you can add all customers details etc just basic ones? I have so many client cards and it just keeps growing lol! All my business accounts etc are on my personal iPad and I'm worried something happens so I'm going to get the iPad mini (o2 have a good deal on pay as you go) and transfer all my business stuff onto it, would like to be able to use the callender and hopefully something that stores all client details too!! Xx

Ps and I'll be able to clear some of the millions of photos I have on my phone and personal iPad lol!
For £15 a month ovatu does it all and stores it securely in the cloud. Also let's your clients book online, leave reviews, and text reminders blah blah blah x

I'm not sure at the minute about doing something as high tech as that but seriously considering it! New iPad mini being delivered tomorrow woohoo!! Xx

@ squidgernetball thank you I will get in contact with them!!xx

We use ovatu and I've just bought my second ipad for salon use. There are 3 of us - 2 full time, so we have an ipad each. We also have a main computer in reception. Ovatu can be used on phones, computers, I pads and tablets but seems to be particularly good on ipads. I've bought 32 rather than 16 and paid about 350 for each. I've found them to be fab.

We can check clients out easily, add products and payment and can still access info if Internet goes down.

I was quoted a lot with several software companies but ovatu does it all got for £30 per month with no upfront costs x

Did you have a booking system before? I'm looking for one that can do more than my current one... But I have soooo many clients in my current booking system that transferring them over is going to be a royal pain in the arse!!

Oh and do you know whether it can do gift cards and loyalty card points as well? I'll give them a call tomorrow when I have some free time anyway xx

Did you have a booking system before? I'm looking for one that can do more than my current one... But I have soooo many clients in my current booking system that transferring them over is going to be a royal pain in the arse!!

Oh and do you know whether it can do gift cards and loyalty card points as well? I'll give them a call tomorrow when I have some free time anyway xx
I sent Ovatu my client list and they did it all. I've got a couple of clients to go through and merge but that's because it wasn't particularly easy to on the previous system I used.

Yep loyalty and gift cards available.

Yes to gift cards and loyalty points. If you can extract your current info as a csv file, they'll do it all for you.

Give them a call. It's so fab for the price x

I sent Ovatu my client list and they did it all. I've got a couple of clients to go through and merge but that's because it wasn't particularly easy to on the previous system I used.

Yep loyalty and gift cards available.
I should have finished reading lol x

Does anyone use the free ovatu? It seems perfect for what I'm after so far! Will hopefully be able to come away from paper client cards and diary all together soon! Xx

I'm really tempted....is it £15 per month for everything? For Ovatu that is, I'm all paper. Also I have no wifi in the salon...is it possible to update client records ect without wifi connection? I use my mobile data at work and constantly on my phone taking appointments through fb...

I'm really tempted....is it £15 per month for everything? For Ovatu that is, I'm all paper. Also I have no wifi in the salon...is it possible to update client records ect without wifi connection? I use my mobile data at work and constantly on my phone taking appointments through fb...
Yes. £15pm for everything. Is it not worth getting WiFi put in? We have a computer at work and the ipads all running off the WiFi so everything is updated. We get alerts when clients book online as well so you'd struggle with that without WiFi. Very worth it x

Latest posts

Back