Best manicure for nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtoe

Reaction score
Hi, I have my first nail biter coming in this week who is very keen to stop biting her nails. She is going away for a few days and wants her nails to look better. Would I be best trying to treat thick cuticles with a soak then push back to remove or use cuticle away and apply shellac for the immediate results?She seems keen to do a weekly manicure after her trip.Any advice greatly received.

Hi - do you have Brisa lite smoothing gel?

Don't soak before applying shellac! I would use cuticle away. If she wants to come every week why don't you apply vinylux?

thanks for replies, yes I have smoothing gel, I was wondering about applying that. I think thats what I will do with a 'gentle' colour!

Don't soak before applying shellac! I would use cuticle away. If she wants to come every week why don't you apply vinylux?

Thanks for reply. I think she may be 'treated' to smoothing gel then shellac colour, and will review after that!I didn't mean to soak and shellac at same appointment, sorry for confusion!I wondered about doing the soak to improve cuticles before starting any application of polish at future appointments - thanks though!!

thanks for replies, yes I have smoothing gel, I was wondering about applying that. I think thats what I will do with a 'gentle' colour!

I apply it on its own (2 coats) but for my third weekly apt when I start to see nail growth I'll start to offer shellac (£5 extra) a colour like Beau or Romantique?

Thanks for reply. I think she may be 'treated' to smoothing gel then shellac colour, and will review after that!I didn't mean to soak and shellac at same appointment, sorry for confusion!I wondered about doing the soak to improve cuticles before starting any application of polish at future appointments - thanks though!!

"treated" meaning you will give her a free service/add-on? I hope you won't do that. You want to make money, right? I offer Gelish Structure Gel (which is a thicker soak off gel kind of like Brisa Lite) for a small fee. I let people know why I want to use it on them, how they would benefit, and people usually say yes. Then when they come in again I make sure to ask them how they liked their nails with that structure gel service. Then they are hooked to have it again. I have even had clients ask for it once their nails were in good shape because they liked how much stronger it made their nails seem having a thicker coat of protection on them. So, freebies can be great as long as maybe you let them know that "in the future" there will be a charge for it. Just wanted to discuss that bit that caught my attention in what you wrote. Thanks! :)

"treated" meaning you will give her a free service/add-on? I hope you won't do that. You want to make money, right? I offer Gelish Structure Gel (which is a thicker soak off gel kind of like Brisa Lite) for a small fee. I let people know why I want to use it on them, how they would benefit, and people usually say yes. Then when they come in again I make sure to ask them how they liked their nails with that structure gel service. Then they are hooked to have it again. I have even had clients ask for it once their nails were in good shape because they liked how much stronger it made their nails seem having a thicker coat of protection on them. So, freebies can be great as long as maybe you let them know that "in the future" there will be a charge for it. Just wanted to discuss that bit that caught my attention in what you wrote. Thanks! :)

hi, yes I charged her for the brisa!I realise how it read now, but I intended it as what I would be applying!
She was delighted with the results, after careful cuticle work and a bit of careful application (tricky!) to some very short nails, they looked not bad at all. She has gone on holiday and is going to come back for regular manicures after! :)

Latest posts

Back