Best method? Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybusy!

Reaction score
I have a new client who has been having a full head colour that is around a level 8 but has bleach high lights through.
She has a cm of roots that are level 5 in the back and level 6 at the front with about 5% white.
She wants her roots touched up to match.
I'm unsure what to use!
I don't want warmth but worried if I go too cool it may tint her previous bleach high lights!
I have such a small root area, level 5, level 8 colour and bleach all in the space of an inch! and I need to blend.
Help?

It depends what your target is Hun is she wanting to be 8 all over again or is she wanting the 8 blended through with the hi lights ?

You could try the 7/0 + 7.31 illumina + 6% on new growth , then do a few fine low lights in foil with the same mixture (except this time with 3%) to blend?

Last edited:
The overall shade with the previous base and blonde high lights looks around a level 9
I need to just touch up the root to blend

I'm thinking Illumina,
8/ and 9/60 equal parts with 12%
Really hoping I get a nice level 8/9 with this!!

I'm thinking Illumina,
8/ and 9/60 equal parts with 12%
Really hoping I get a nice level 8/9 with this!!

You're not going to get a clean 8 from a 5 with just regular permanent. You need bleach or highlift.

This was the worry,
The chart says 12% should give 3 levels lift but in experience it will go warm.
There isn't an illumina with any blue on a level 8 :(
Would you think 12/1 or 12/16 would give me a nice cool level 8/9 on a level 5/6 cams97 ?

This was the worry,
The chart says 12% should give 3 levels lift but in experience it will go warm.
There isn't an illumina with any blue on a level 8 :(
Would you think 12/1 or 12/16 would give me a nice cool level 8/9 on a level 5/6 cams97 ?

Nope definitely not 12/1 or 12/16.

12/81 with 7g 0/81 and a dot of 0/28 per 30g of kp.

Process for 60 minutes with a plastic cap.

I was unsure whether you were trying to cool down by going with a shade below but Now Its clear, agree with you cams on the hi lift , show us a pic when it's done :) x

Ok...I took both options with me today for a second look and she was closer to level 6 than 5 so I chanced it and went with /8 and 9/60 with 12%.
After 30 mins I could clearly see it was too warm so I did a random, against the rules thing and applied 12/81 straight on top of the Illumina!!!! omg
I was stressing a bit as im well aware this is not the done thing!! lol
Anyway... haha It turned out really nice after 40 mins processing!!
She loved it and thinks I did an amazing job lol

Ok...I took both options with me today for a second look and she was closer to level 6 than 5 so I chanced it and went with /8 and 9/60 with 12%.
After 30 mins I could clearly see it was too warm so I did a random, against the rules thing and applied 12/81 straight on top of the Illumina!!!! omg
I was stressing a bit as im well aware this is not the done thing!! lol
Anyway... haha It turned out really nice after 40 mins processing!!
She loved it and thinks I did an amazing job lol

I have to use it on my own base 6 and my sisters its all we can do to achieve a clean 8 without bleach our hair is realllly warm. Glad it went well and you know what you have to do next time!

Did you take a pic?

No, I didn't get a pic as I already have similar pics on my website so I only take photos when its something different.
Next time I will just do the 12/81, /81 and /28 like I should have done this time and then every 3rd appointment
I will add some bleach foils and maybe 10/6 colour touch!

Latest posts

Back