Best neon pigment powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking for some really bright neon pigment powders. I love the lecente ones but only want them for my teenage daughter so don't really want to pay over £40 for the set. Has anyone tried them from eBay or anywhere else that are really bright and as good as the lecente ones. Even if the pits are smaller x

Gnarly nails inc neon powders are amazing as well. They have two sets - the psychedelic neons which are amazing over white and the summer sorbet collection which are better over a similar colour Polish. They r on eBay if u look for gnarly nails . In fact Dixie girl has recently done a YouTube video using them. And they r cheaper than lecente x

Thank u. I will have a look now. X

I love my Gnarly nail pigments.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434655381.037528.jpg

I've looked but they only have the glitter ones not the plain neon powders. X

There are plain and shimmer neons in the kit I bought x

Gnarly Nails neon pigments
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434665697.890049.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434665716.274511.jpg

The psychedelic neons are matte.

How do you use pigments? Sorry to sounds really stupid!! Do you mix them with acrylic or do you 'pat' them on top of damp acrylic and encapsulate? I always use a plain acrylic and use gel polish to provide colour. The ombre looks fab though so really keen to play with some.

You can mix then with acrylic or burnish them into the sticky gel polish before top coating xx

You can mix then with acrylic or burnish them into the sticky gel polish before top coating xx

Sounds good to me. I think I'll buy some and have a play.

When you mix them with acrylic is it just like mixing glitter, use clear with ratio 3:1 x

When you mix them with acrylic is it just like mixing glitter, use clear with ratio 3:1 x
The ones I use are much less but they come with full instructions xx

Im not sure if you know this but you can also mix eyeshadows into your acrylic powder. I use 1 scoop of eyeshadow to two scoops of clear acrylic powder. I saw it on a youtube clip and tried it on myself. I just bought cheap powder eyeshadow and it really works ☺

I'll give that a bash I think kirstie. Can you mix it in advance and store it in pots? Or do you just mix enough for that application?

You can definitely mix it up and store it but its important to remember to give it a mix before using it ☺

Sounds good. I'm thinking build the nail up, put a thin layer of the coloured mix and then a thin layer of clear acrylic on top to encapsulate? Would that be enough to colour it and seal it well? I wouldn't have to file as much/remove all acrylic then for colour change.

So after buying some neon pigments here is the finished product. I'm in love with the neons now. Xx
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back