Best option for my nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapunzelxx

Reaction score
Hi :)
Popped over from hair to ask a bit of advice about the best option for my nails.

I'm a hairdresser ( did beauty therapy many moons ago but trained no further than manicures/ pedi in nails) but also a horse owner and am finding it such a nightmare to keep my nails looking presentable!

I've tried so many different polishes even pro ones inevitably chip. But I love to have colour on them.

So to get to the actual question.. What would you advise that would be the better option?
Thinking along the lines of Shellac, Gelish etc.

Does anyone have clients with a similar job and hobby? and if so what works!? Lol x

Thank you in advance :) xx

Hello,

I have a horse and for me I have acrylic extensions because I have long stilletos so clearly I need the extra help! My other friend who has horses as well, for her i use shellac with brisa lite smoothing gel to give her a little extra strength and support. Her shellac lasts three weeks no problems. So I defo recommend shellac if you are a natural client but possibly go for a tech that uses the strengthening layer also. Hope that helps x

Thank you :) x I know it's awkward because everything lifts because of the hair at work and the horse hair at the stables! Lol x

And you are wanting pretty nails around show season with all the plaiting?! lol! Well as I said I manage fine as does the shellac lady. But we aren't hairdressers :-( all I can suggest is if you can wear gloves when washing hair and bowls etc?

Haha! No showing with my boy thank god! He's a gentleman of leisure! ;-) x

I am a hairdresser and often have gellish but I do find it chips off certain nails mainly where the hairdryer might be heating them is the only explanation I can think of! Esp when doing a curly blowdry , I always go for a dark colour so that my nails don't stain from colour xx

I took some hot towels out of the dryer at work today and my nail polish literally melted off my nails! It was the weirdest thing! I'd say heat definitely affects them. :)

I have a hairdresser client who gets 3 weeks out of Shellac. The occasional chip but nothing major. She doesn't have a horse though but like the others have said wear gloves when you can.

Steph xx

Thank you for all your advice :) x

Latest posts

Back