Best pastel blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
Whats best pastal Blue have you used. If you have pictures please send.

Ah, Pastel Blue is a tricky one as you need to do it on the lightest base but you need to tone the yellow first otherwise yellow plus blue = green.

I prefer direct dyes for pale pastel colours as the colour you mix in the bowl is the colour it will be on the hair.
Otherwise, I'd play around with some strand tests and demi mixes to see what works well.
Try Colour Touch 8/81 (30mls) plus 2mls 2/88 with Pastel developer

She is pretty white. Will use purple shampoo as I dont think it needs a toner. Will see what it is like when she comes in again to see me. NEVER USED colour touch is that base too dark 8?

Attachments

• 20170330_182330.jpg
    20170330_182330.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 31
It will be blue but it depends on how blue she wants it.

If it was my client I'd google images of 'pastel blue hair' and get her to choose. The pics shown range from turquoise shades to denim, lilac and grey blue so it depends on what she means by pastel blue.

I love petrol and blue mix tones together with 10/1 . They go iridescent and lovely. But yes, you add Green with petrol and if the hair is yellow

Id knock out the warmth with ash then go in again for blue.

Ah, Pastel Blue is a tricky one as you need to do it on the lightest base but you need to tone the yellow first otherwise yellow plus blue = green.

I prefer direct dyes for pale pastel colours as the colour you mix in the bowl is the colour it will be on the hair.
Otherwise, I'd play around with some strand tests and demi mixes to see what works well.
Try Colour Touch 8/81 (30mls) plus 2mls 2/88 with Pastel developer

I had a look at both colours. Would 2mls be too strong for this? I dont want it to be too dark. Also what kind of blue will it turn out like?

Attachments

• 20170330_182330.jpg
    20170330_182330.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 11
The colourtouch mix posted by AcidPerm is subtle and with pastel developer so will not take that dark.

I use 22/0 2mls and 30ml 10/0 for a grey toner, so AcidPerm mix will get rid of the yellow and add blue pigment, maybe add another 2ml blue mix for more intensity.

Maybe go in with that colour. You can always add more mix for more intensity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back