Best response for waxing grazes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemfox

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Luckily, any marks after waxing is rare for me and my salon. However we've had a couple of clients report back over the last few months of marks after eyebrow and/or lip waxing.
All the therapists are experienced and I don't believe it's burns. I appreciate that it could be one off stretching issues, but I was just wondering what's the best response to give to a client?

I graze myself all the time! Such a pain. Mainly because I am lazy with stretching my own eyebrows and for some reason one side is prone to it x I would say something like this does occasionally happen with waxing, even with highly experienced therapists. we are very sorry it happened to you. 20% off next treatment, advise on treatment (keeping it moisturised). I do have flaky dry skin (esp round eyes) so I am thinking that might not be helping so going to swap to a pre wax oil see if that helps. If your clients also have dehydrated skin xx

Does anyone know why some people use talc as a pre wax and some use oil? Because they are completely opposite to each other! Which is best? Or does it depend on the client?

Does anyone know why some people use talc as a pre wax and some use oil? Because they are completely opposite to each other! Which is best? Or does it depend on the client?
I mainly use oil for normal/dry skin and for a really oily skin I'll use talc x

Just ensure your consultation card is checked at each appointment. I grazed myself and thinking about it, it's because I've been sing Vitamin A cream. I'm sure this is the reason

Do you girls think this could be the type of wax or can anybody suggest a strip wax that can be used on the face particularly the eyebrows without this happening?

Maybe try using a Hot Wax for brows tiara08 - you still need to stretch the skin but it is more gentle for delicate areas like facial waxing and won't stick to the skin if you are using a pre-wax oil

I have used it in the past and to be honest much prefer the clean finish strip wax leaves and i feel i can be more precise with it. I'll just have to look for a super sensitive one that wont irritate! If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them!

Latest posts

Back