Best salon album

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraG

Reaction score
what is a good album or songs to play in the salon for a mixed client base? Any ideas would be fantastic.
Laura

What style of music are you after? Is the music to be played during treatments, e.g. massage, facials, etc, or is it just for general playing around the reception area? Do you want chilled out, relaxing music or something more upbeat?

thanx for your reply!! its to play in a hair salon. fancy somthing more relaxing and chilled out really.

what is a good album or songs to play in the salon for a mixed client base? Any ideas would be fantastic.
Laura

Get a bit of James Brown going..."get up off of that thung "kind of stuff....will rock the house down :eek::lol::hug:

Ooh, relaxing and chilled out!

Although I don't run a salon, I am a big fan of relaxing and chilled out music. So here's some of my favourites:

(1) Era - this is a collaboration between the French composer and guitarist Eric Levi, and the English Chamber Choir. They have a sound not dissimilar to Enigma, in that Latin chants and chillout beats feature a lot in their music.

(2) Vangelis - particularly his "Oceanic" album. This album in particular is very dreamy and chilled out.

(3) Ludovico Einaudi - try his albums "Le Onde" and "Una Mattina" for some sophisticated, chilled out contemporary classical piano music.

(4) Tim Wheater and David Lord - "In Unity" - this is a beautiful album of flute and warm synth strings.

(5) Bliss - this is an English duo including singer Lucinda Drayton, who has a gorgeous voice - I guess you'd describe their music as a fusion between Celtic, New Age, Folk and Indian music. Their albums "a hundred thousand Angels", "Through These Eyes" and "Bliss" are generally chilled out; "You" is a bit more upbeat.

And if you want to hear some chilled out stuff that I've written and recorded, try http://tunes.ruthmills.me.uk/icemaiden.mp3 and http://tunes.ruthmills.me.uk/heavenly-dreams.mp3 - am quite happy for you to burn them to CD and play them in your salon - entirely royalty free!

thats great thanx

thats great thanx

Still think some good old James Brown strutting his stuff aught to do the trick ..will certainly get some of them old dears up and dancing lol.

Good luck with whatever it is you finally go for :hug:

try chicanes new album, i know its dance music, but the majority of it is very chilled dance music. . . . dancey enough to be upbeat but chilled enough to soothe even old biddies. . . xx

Latest posts

Back