Best soak off gel builder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolled Up!

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if I get this wrong but I will soon be training in gel extensions and I want to know which is the best gel to invest in. I bought a very cheap and cheerful pack from eBay and I'm hoping the poor result is down to the product and not my technique. When I say gel I mean the kind in a pot that you float onto nail, is this referred to as hard gel? Look forward to receiving your responses!

Everyone will have a different favourite gel. I love nsi balance gel. It's easy to work with and lasts it also comes in lots of colours xx

You shouldn't be buying gels from ebay only from professional suppliers

You should find out from your trainer which hard gel you will be training with then go from there

Most hard gels are buff off not soak off as well.

I use CND brisa lite sculpting gel which is a soak of hard gel which you can buy once trained from sweet squared

You shouldn't be buying gels from ebay only from professional suppliers

You should find out from your trainer which hard gel you will be training with then go from there

Most hard gels are buff off not soak off as well.

I use CND brisa lite sculpting gel which is a soak of hard gel which you can buy once trained from sweet squared

I appreciate that but that was before I had started my training, I have access to buy from sweet squared as I have obtained manicure and pedicure qualifications but I was seeking advice before I do the next part of my course which is not brand specific. I don't have money to throw away so I had purchased a basic kit to practice on myself. So there are 2 types of gel builder? A soak off and a buff off?

You would need to do a Brisa course or a gel conversion to Brisa after receiving your enhancement qualification before purchasing Brisa hard gel anyway. But I think just going straight on to do the Brisa class with S2 would be better since you get a full kit with the course so you don't end up buying anything that would be unprofessional. Plus you don't have to go looking for which is the best kit to purchase afterward since you'll be leaving with one of the best. And yes there are 2 types of gels- soak off and buff off. Although CND has made a soak off gel that can be used with tips, the best and stronger of the 2 would still be a hard buff off gel. It would probably be best to learn enhancements with buff off gel before going into their soak off counterpart so you know the basics since you'd need to know that when using both.

Latest posts

Back