Best stamper for nail stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanmichael.l

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I purchased a few stamping plates and the double sided xl stamper from moyou, and I can't seem to get it to work well for me.
Firstly the stamping part is extremely grippy, squishy and rubbery and everything seems to stick to it either been hairs, fibres etc. it's near impossible to keep it clean, and after stamping and you go to clean it to then stamp again it gets covered in fibres from apparent lint free pads, also the rubbery bits can easily drop out. I've never really been able to do a successful stamp except from maybe once or twice but it did take a lot longer than it should of took and it was only on accent fingers, I would of dreaded doing the other 8! And with the spongey bits been white I can't tell if the stamp has picked up the whole image when using white konad polish (I also have true buffing it too)
... BUUT I didn't lose all hope, I actually have had a lot of success with a stamper from a cheapo stamping plate from pound land of all places, but it is a really small stamper so it's really hard/next to impossible to do a full sized image and get it to fill the whole nail.

So if anyone has some recommendations for some great stampers I'd really appreciate it!

I use the grey xl stamper from MoYou. Did you get the grey rubber inserts with it? If so swap to those and youll be able to see the white.

I use kitchen roll to clean my stamper along with IPA (DSperse). I also use kitchen roll to wipe my plates with acetone. The kitchen roll doesn't have any linty bits (technical term there ;) ) as long as you use it flush to the plate. You could be leaving fibres in the grooves on your plate as the lint free pad catches the more sharper edges.

The other stamper I use is this one. It's great for stamping on pops as its softer than the MoYou grey xl stamper, so you can really push the pop in to the stamper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1408299010320.jpg
    1408299010320.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 1408299076086.jpg
    1408299076086.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 204
  • 1408299143987.jpg
    1408299143987.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 200
If the stamper is sticky use a lint free roller . Like for cleaning clothes :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use the grey xl stamper from MoYou. Did you get the grey rubber inserts with it? If so swap to those and youll be able to see the white.

I use kitchen roll to clean my stamper along with IPA (DSperse). I also use kitchen roll to wipe my plates with acetone. The kitchen roll doesn't have any linty bits (technical term there ;) ) as long as you use it flush to the plate. You could be leaving fibres in the grooves on your plate as the lint free pad catches the more sharper edges.

The other stamper I use is this one. It's great for stamping on pops as its softer than the MoYou grey xl stamper, so you can really push the pop in to the stamper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got that stamper.. I buffed it and it still wouldn't work :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I buffed it with a few swipes of a 240 grit file and then wiped with acetone. X

Latest posts

Back