Best tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickey26

Mobile masseuse and nail technician
Reaction score
My mum has really flat nails, everything about her nails is just awful. While I was at college I used my mum as a client. The tips would keep popping off and when I applied the gel that evening it just started lifting (prep and everything was the same) my tutor at the time said acrylic would be best and told me some sort of tips would work better on my mums sort of nails but for the life of me can't remember what they were called. Can anyone help please.
Thank you in advance
X

Probably well-less tips :)

Fitting a tip to a really flat nail can be a challenge as most tips are quite curved and won't sit right, however by choosing a tip a size or two too large and custom tailoring the width by reducing the width of the tip with your file, you can make sure you use the wider flatter part of the middle area of the well (or contact area if well-less) to make contact with the nail, rather than apply one which has too much curve and keeps trying to jump off.

Hope I've made sense! X

Don't use tips for your mum, I would sculpt using forms, and buy yourself the magic wand or pinching tool which held her a nice c curve shape to the extension.

Thank you ladies, sorry for such a late reply!
We I done my course we didn't get to learn the forms, is it easy to teach yourself how to do it or is there a course to do for them x

Forms are pretty straight forward if you have acrylic skills and if you're only doing them on your mum I'm sure watching a couple of videos and practicing would be fine :)

Latest posts

Back