Best toner for brassy hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozyvee

Reaction score
I have recently gone from red to blonde but have been left with a brassy orange tone to my hair, can anyone recommend a toner for platinum colour please?
Thanks.

You need to pre lighten the hair to a very pale yellow colour before toning, if you want to get to platinum.

Have you tried a silver shampoo? It may tone it down enough for you. If you were thinking specifically of a colour though, you probably need to see a hair stylist.

hi, it really is best to get a hairdresser to look at your hair, colour correction is not something all stylists can attempt let alone someone just looking for advice to do their own hair at home. Toners as with all colour need to be used properly and with the relevant skin tests etc.

I have been using john Frieda tone correcting shapoo and conditioner which has made it quite light. But funnily enough I went and bought another shampoo which is a silver one and darker in colour and it has made it pretty close to blonde. Not platinum but none the less its not orange lol. It still looks orange in darker lighting but that doesn't bother me aslong as it doesn't look as bright as it did.
Will the shampoos I've been using keep dulling down the orange or has it done its work after one use?
Thank you for all your replies.

Keep using the shampoo, it will keep working it's magic. I sometimes tell my clients to put theirs in dry and leave it in for 10 minutes or so for a pick me up in between visits.

Latest posts

Back