Best treatment for thickened skin around nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Can anyone advise?

The skin around my nails has gotten quite thick now from constant picking etc and I am trying to really improve them... they are much better than they were a week ago and I have been using solar oil several times a day - is this enough or can I speed this up by doing something else?

You could also use the cuticle eraser as it contains aha's to help to slough off the hard skin.

Im probably going to get told off by someone for this one but when i get hard dry skin on my side walls i file it gently with my koala board then use solar oil to moisterise, i only do this on myself though,
i dont tell my clients to do it in case they do it too much and end up with sore fingers lol

Im probably going to get told off by someone for this one but when i get hard dry skin on my side walls i file it gently with my koala board then use solar oil to moisterise, i only do this on myself though,
i dont tell my clients to do it in case they do it too much and end up with sore fingers lol

Uuuummmmm!!!!!!:lol:

cuticle eraser and solar oil together acts as a double moisture pack - they work well xx

CND Cuticle Remover a god send -
CND Cuticle Eraser & Solar Oil as a shampoo & conditioning Power/Moisture pack.

XX J XX

loubylou thats funny i do the same thing and if i dont have a pedi file i use a hand file on a callus.. Im just thinking what has already been posted something to exfoliate and cuticle oil

Thanks everyone

Just a query though, regarding using Koala board on the tough skin... won't this just excarbate the problem in the long run?

CND rejuvenator.

A copper peptide formula for damaged skin.

Helps the skin to repair itself and increase elasticity and firmness to the skin.

Strongly recommended ;)

lmao..i do the same thing. I figure that it is done with feet for callouses then I can do it for the corners on my fingers. Works well when followed up by solaroil. Better than picking at it.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back