Best wax pot brand for at home salon?

I have just completed my Level 2 Beauty Therapy and I am ready to add to my current at home salon where I already do nails. I was wondering what the best brand wax pot/waxing kit would be for use on brows, upper lip & chin, that’s not ridiculously expensive?
I also need advice on brands of lash & brow tint and spray tanning but not sure if I should be posting that on a different thread sorry :oops:!!
Thank you in advance x

RosieR

If you haven't got your wax heater yet , the starter kits are a good way to try them out. You will get wax, strips , pre and post lotions , spatulas etc. Not too expensive. However if you are using hard wax, I do like "just wax "for my mobile clients. It is microwaveable so no heater needed.
However for my at home salon these are the two I have used
Just Wax and Hive . Both work well , and have lasted a long time. No failures or break downs...just simply get old and look a bit tired. (like me , being an old un !)
Refectocil tint and creamy peroxide- love it !
I don't do tanning so perhaps try another post on the Tanning section.

If you haven't got your wax heater yet , the starter kits are a good way to try them out. You will get wax, strips , pre and post lotions , spatulas etc. Not too expensive. However if you are using hard wax, I do like "just wax "for my mobile clients. It is microwaveable so no heater needed.
Just Wax and Hive . Both work well , and have lasted a long time. No failures or break downs...just simply get old and look a bit tired. (like me , being an old un !)

Hi Rosie, thank you so much for this. I have seen a starter kit from Hive that’s a compact petite wax pot with all the things you mentioned so I might give that a go! Haven’t heard of that tint so that’s good to know I’ll look it up too! Ok fab I’ll post a separate thread for tan. Thank you so much again really appreciate the help :) x

Plnab

What temperature do you feel works best with the Just wax. I have a digital heater but I've read so many mixed reviews with temperature? Thank uou.

RosieR

What temperature do you feel works best with the Just wax. I have a digital heater but I've read so many mixed reviews with temperature? Thank uou.
My wax heater is not digital so temperature is a simple dial - usually 4 or 4 and 1/2 is what I set it to. (mine is a thermostatic heater) It seems hotter when the weather is as warm as it has been this last week,however I always test on my wrist to be safe.
I am sorry that I have no idea on actual temp , I hope my setting number is helpful to you

Plnab

Thank you for your reply.. The numbers don't help with my one. But I've just been trying temps to get it right now. X

RosieR

Thank you for your reply.. The numbers don't help with my one. But I've just been trying temps to get it right now. X
Feel a bit useless to you actually, so use your wrist as a temp guide and that will be your best bet.
Good luck x

Plnab

Feel a bit useless to you actually, so use your wrist as a temp guide and that will be your best bet.
Good luck x
Thank you and I will x