Best way to apply acrylics help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex83

Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to find best way to apply acrylics. So they don't lift off and white tips? I'm only been doing them over a month.

Hi there, who did you train with? And what do you need help with you question is kind of non specific?
Most nail technicians don't use white tips that super naughty and their smile lines on those dreadful white tips are ugly but that's just my personal opinion.

Each product house has their own unique method for application.
Most new technicians I notice have the wrong mix ratio .
What I suggest is to get piece paper and just practice picking up a ball of differnt sizes and placing them untill you get the hang of it. Then practic pm practice finger or her glove full with flour and stick tips to it and use as mock hand.
We all had to start somewhere , no one was perfect after they qualified at all. Takes practice . So keep positive

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi I'm using nsi acrylic.
Yeh I find sometimes it to runny and it won't thicken up that much or leaves powder on I flick it to get it off not all of it comes off.
I'm using plastic pots to put product in? I've had few clients wanting white tip.
I've ordered some new brushes to try different ones, I Brought mine from Sally service.
I buff the nails and glue tip etc and put primer on. Could cuticle cream effect the acrylic? Anything I'm doing wrong?
Thank u for ur help.

Where did you do your training? How long since you qualified please?

Yeh I find sometimes it to runny and it won't thicken up that much or leaves powder on I flick it to get it off not all of it comes off.
I'm using plastic pots to put product in? I've had few clients wanting white tip.
I've ordered some new brushes to try different ones, I Brought mine from Sally service.
I buff the nails and glue tip etc and put primer on. Could cuticle cream effect the acrylic? Anything I'm doing wrong?
Thank u for ur help.

Hi, to me it sounds as though you don't know the basic's you would learn from your course, have you had appropriate training? If so I would contact them and ask them as they should have taught you this to begin with x

Have you done any training? If not, I would strongly suggest enrolling on a course so that you can learn the basics.

If you have, I would go back to your educator and ask for a one on one session.

There's so much you can learn from forums but, it's best to know the basics first or none of the advice will make sense.

The best advice I ever received - "Work smarter, not harder". Thank you, geeks!!

Yeh I done day training she came to my house. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413925837.608492.jpg
Put a pic if my training hand. Got certificates.
I've got some white acrylic which I won't use I'll practice with that to get right consistency.

I have been told these one day courses are not good enough and always to train with a reputable company.
Just be careful in future Hun, it's difficult times for everyone to learn quick nails and spend a fortune again to train with another provider x

One day training at your home?? Who was this training provided by and what certificate did you get? Is it accepted by your insurance company? No- one can learn, or teach for that matter, how to do acrylics in just one day.

Professional beauty direct yeh can get insurance. The training was done by eclipse nail and beauty training.

Thank u for ur help.

Ok I dont mean to be rude but did your one day course not teach you about mix ratio, how to create a French effect with white powder, proper prep to ensure you don't get lifting or how other products such as cuticle cream can effect the acrylic?

If you're missing all this very basic information that one would normally learn on a course then there's no way we can fill in all that missing information that should have been covered unfortunately. I would strongly suggest that if this information wasn't included you either ask for your money back or for a free day with your trainer to cover these areas, or as you are using NSI you could do a conversion course with them Training & Education - Nail Systems International (UK)

Hi what I learnt is cuticle work, then buffing the nail plate and glue the tip and blending the tip and shaping. Also applying the primer. Then she showed me how to apply the acrylic in 3 stages
med on the tip, thick in the middle where tip is then fine on the bottom. Then buffing the acrylic to smooth down any rough acrylic. Then top coat of polish to give it shine, she said to use white tip for French look.

Do you use a dehydrator? I would suggest looking into doing another course just to help you with your application, unfortunately these day courses can't teach you everything you need to know all in one day, I myself regret learning from a college, if I had of known more about courses before I started i would probably have chosen to learn with CND :( I plan to do their conversion course shortly X

Yeh I use dehydrator. Yeh I'll have a look to see what I can find. Thanks everyone for ur help. X

The canvas or naked nail is vital for any nail prep. I do my cuticle work then file down nails then get client to go RE WASH her hands (yes a second time: first when she walks through my door) this removes all the cuticle cream and also dust which some clients dislike.

Since doing this it has actually helped a lot. Then I use Nsi nail pure plus and then wait till the nail is DRY then apply Nsi attraction primer then start application.

Mix ratio is vital. We all suxed in beginning.
I understand where you coming from, you paid money for what you though was a course and perhaps this school didn't do full training which is not fair of them to be taking money and leaving students with only half the skills to send for themselves.

Good luck x

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back