Best ways of finding work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helward87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am still pretty new to the nail industry and as a beginner I wondered if anyone would offer any tips or pointers in the best way to find work on a 'rent a chair/desk' type agreement.

I've looked on gumtree, but am pretty much at a loss of where to start and the best places to look?!

TIA xx

I would start by popping into local hairdressers/ beauty salons and taking you cv in and asking them if that have any space available :) x

I popped a post up on Here (Salon Geek) asking for a room/table to rent.

I said a bit about what I do, what I planned to do, the area in which i wanted it & how I wanted to pay & got quite a few calls from salon owners.

I also linked my facebook page (i dont have a website) & said to have a look for examples of my work :D

If you can search for my previous posts you will probbo find it to see what I mean. I cant remember which forum I posted it in, but assume it was the business one xx

I popped a post up on Here (Salon Geek) asking for a room/table to rent.

I said a bit about what I do, what I planned to do, the area in which i wanted it & how I wanted to pay & got quite a few calls from salon owners.

I also linked my facebook page (i dont have a website) & said to have a look for examples of my work :D

If you can search for my previous posts you will probbo find it to see what I mean. I cant remember which forum I posted it in, but assume it was the business one xx

Thanks Hun! I had thought about doing that too but wasnt sure, I'll give it a go though!
I've tried searching for your post but it's not coming up , thanks for the advice though xx

Now you mention it, i might have deleted it as I was still getting calls months after I moved into a space lol! Sorry, not my best idea!

Id deffo give it a go hun, so many ppl 'lurk' on SG that its a great place to advertise. I gave quite a bit of info on my post- theres nothing worse than a post that simply says 'looking for a room....' And trying to get the paticulars is like pulling teeth :(

Good luck! I was so excited when I decided to go into somewhere :D xxx

Latest posts

Back