Beware of nails in Spain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
There has recently been an advert in the Trade Magazines from a website offering help in setting up businesses on the Costa Blanca.

My advice if you have contacted them is to be very careful! I have personal experience of the people involved and I repeat be very careful. They do not work for or on behalf of Creative Nail Design but are using the name to full advantage.

that seriously chugs.

We have all heard the horror stories of people being 'done' on the Costa del Crime!!

One of the biggest reasons they get 'done' is because they trust people who speak 'their own language' because they don't speak Spanish themselves! And they naively put their faith in people they don't know, who are not professionals, because they promise to iron out all the legal wrinkles and make things easy for them etc etc. They English would never do the things they do or trust the people they trust here in Spain, if they were in back in the UK.

It's really simple. If you come to a foreign country and want to set up doing nails or anything else, you find a local solicitor and accountant and bank and estate agent and you go through them. Most professionals in these jobs speak English these days, they work together, and they want to help and advise you, and their motives are professional ones.

You know the old saying ... if it sounds too easy and too good to be true, then it always is!!!

I am offering a warning based on my personal experiences. No one does anything for nothing.

Geeg, if these people are using the Creative Nail Design name without permission isn't there something legal you can do about it?

This person uses Creative in her salon (quite legally) , but without actually saying so on her web site, she is cleverly passing herself off as having a training school, and as a purveyor of Creative products.

She in fact is not a trainer for Creative, has only been doing nails herself for a year, and is not entitled to sell any Creative products ... except for retail of course.

She has a nice salon (which I designed) and is offering a 'service' to set others up using her name and offering to supply them with Creative products and training.

She is not being honest and if not honest at this stage what can one expect from her later. She has been less than honest with me in all her dealings. However I am not about to start legal proceedings here in Spain.

sorry i know this is slightly off topic but was just wondering how hard it is to get a job as a nail tech in spain, am currently trained with pronails and calgel but am going to do a creative conversion course. having spent some months in spain last year want to consider moving there full time. :D

Nail services are taking off in Spain and depending where you go and whether or not you speak the language will determine to some extent how well you do, that and of course how well you perform the service!!

There are a few post about Spain on this site if you go to 'search.'

I would be happy to talk to you if you are serious about making a change to help with advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back