Bikini wax help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Got my level 2 qual back in 2014 and have never done a bikini wax after getting qual. Just started back into the beauty world and got a job as this salon and i'm booked in to do a bikini wax! Only problem is that i've completely forgotten how to do it!

Do you put towels to keep the clients modesty? Do i put talc powder on the skin? Might need to look up from my notes when i was in college! opps! lol!

It depends who you have trained with as to how you do the bikini wax?
Basic bikini wax is everything just outside the knicker line....
After welcome, consultation, contra indications check etc
- Explain treatment to your client

- offer client the choice of paper knickers or keep her own on if she prefers to leave her own on you could put some tissues around her knickers to avoid any wax on her clothing

- leave client to get changed I always offer my clients a towel to cover themselves with

- wipe over area to be waxed with a pre wax lotion (I don't use talc as a preference)

- check wax temperature with a spatula if temperature is ok proceed with treatment

- if your using warm wax apply wax with the spatula in the direction of hair growth

- apply wax strip to the area with gentle pressure

- keep skin taught to avoid discomfort and bruising (ask client to help if needed) remove wax strip against the direction of hair growth ( after I remove the strip I always apply a bit of pressure to the area which seems to soothe nerve endings again my personal opinion)

- repeat to the areas needed (never wax over the same area twice)

- tweeze any hairs if needed

- apply after products and explain aftercare

- leave client to get changed

Hope this helps

You need to tell your manager/salon owner immediately, they will be able to ensure that you are provided with the correct in-house training to rectify this. You are putting yourself, the company and your client in a potentially difficult situation otherwise.

May I also suggest you read this, thoroughly;

http://www.habia.org/PDF/standards-quals/Waxing_code_of_practice_Booklet.pdf

I always forget silly bits when I haven't done a treatment for a while! Lol, Hope it all went ok, :)

Haha all that panic for nothing! All came back to me when I was doing the treatment :D thank you!

Latest posts

Back