Bio gel removal, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for some advice.... I've recently had two clients book in for gel nails, but they've had bio gel on which I've had to remove. It seems to take forever to get off, especially the toenails which seems to be so think and hard to take off. Im using the soaking in acetone with foil method, but it just seems like such a long process. I found that filing the soaking nails can help it to crumble away. Also, one of my clients had part o the gel on her toenail bubble then flake off a day later, does this mean I didnt remove all of the bio gel and resulted into my gel application being affected. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this nail game 😁 thanks in advance xx

Instances like this really make me re-consider offering removal of someone else's work. There's so many factors that can affect your work....

I recently had a lady book in for gel removal, so booked out 30 mins. 1 hour later we are still going at it with the file and acetone. Managed to find the original tech to see that she was combining Dip Powder with Hard Gel!!!!

I can see online that Bio should be removed with Bio Gel Remover. I'm not sure if this is just pure acetone and it's a marketing tactic or if there's a special ingredient that breaks down Bio gel.

I found this Bio Sculpture gel remover or acetone? from 2015 and I know that @Noodle is still active here so may be able to help?

I would say that the remaining bio product has affected the adhesion of your gel, yes

Instances like this really make me re-consider offering removal of someone else's work. There's so many factors that can affect your work....

I recently had a lady book in for gel removal, so booked out 30 mins. 1 hour later we are still going at it with the file and acetone. Managed to find the original tech to see that she was combining Dip Powder with Hard Gel!!!!

I can see online that Bio should be removed with Bio Gel Remover. I'm not sure if this is just pure acetone and it's a marketing tactic or if there's a special ingredient that breaks down Bio gel.

I found this Bio Sculpture gel remover or acetone? from 2015 and I know that @Noodle is still active here so may be able to help?

I would say that the remaining bio product has affected the adhesion of your gel, yes
Thank you so much for your reply, I'll have a look at that and contact her. Yes, it's a nightmare as I charge very little for the removal of others gel, but lately it's just taking so long. Again, thank you for your time replying xx 😁

Hey everyone,
I'm looking for some advice.... I've recently had two clients book in for gel nails, but they've had bio gel on which I've had to remove. It seems to take forever to get off, especially the toenails which seems to be so think and hard to take off. Im using the soaking in acetone with foil method, but it just seems like such a long process. I found that filing the soaking nails can help it to crumble away. Also, one of my clients had part o the gel on her toenail bubble then flake off a day later, does this mean I didnt remove all of the bio gel and resulted into my gel application being affected. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this nail game 😁 thanks in advance xx

Although I no longer use Bio Sculpture gel, if what you’re trying to remove is genuinely Bio Sculpture, then it should disintegrate and break down very easily within 15 minutes of using the remover and foil method, so I too would question whether the system your clients have advised you of is actually what has been applied.

The bubbling up of gel on the toe nail could either be gel residue from a previous application, incorrect re-application, or a combination of both, so ensure you‘re following thorough prep and application as instructed, you’re not mixing and matching base and top gels from other systems, and you’re also using a Bio Sculpture lamp.

Hope that helps.

Although I no longer use Bio Sculpture gel, if what you’re trying to remove is genuinely Bio Sculpture, then it should disintegrate and break down very easily within 15 minutes of using the remover and foil method, so I too would question whether the system your clients have advised you of is actually what has been applied.

The bubbling up of gel on the toe nail could either be gel residue from a previous application, incorrect re-application, or a combination of both, so ensure you‘re following thorough prep and application as instructed, you’re not mixing and matching base and top gels from other systems, and you’re also using a Bio Sculpture lamp.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. She thinks is it was bio gel, but couldn't be 100% sure. She told me they applied something then painted over that with the colour. The other toes removed fine, it was just the toenails that seemed so thick with product and hard to remove. I used acetone and foil, not the bio gel remover. I then applied Halo gel polish.

Latest posts

Back