bio infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.rua

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just reading up on the site and saw that most of you bio techs infill a few times before soak off, this is something that wasn't covered on my course..!?! Do they look as good as new? are they any thicker?

Would anyone mind please just quickly going overthe step by step process with me???please

my guess is you remove any polish, file the shine away, probably bevel down the free edge so the white isn't thick..(?) Do you prep then with the cuticle remover and just sanitiser? Apply a clear coat for base, the white straight on the free edge, and then finish with Sgel as usual?? Is that right?

How much would you charge for this in comparison to a full set? In the salon where i work we have the client come back after however long they get out of them usually about 3 sometimes 4 weeks and they have asoak off and a fresh set. and obviouly they are charged for both!

Id appreciate any help.

Thanks so much in advance.

Rach xxx

Hi there,

Just reading up on the site and saw that most of you bio techs infill a few times before soak off, this is something that wasn't covered on my course..!?! Do they look as good as new? are they any thicker? it is tricky to file down and keep nice and thin yes. if they have done the aftercare correctly they should come back and be able to be infilled successfully i personally would only do ONE infill on bio.

Would anyone mind please just quickly going overthe step by step process with me???please

my guess is you remove any polish, file the shine away, probably bevel down the free edge so the white isn't thick..(?) yep and all around the cuticle and side walls Do you prep then with the cuticle remover and just sanitiser? Apply a clear coat for base, the white straight on the free edge, and then finish with Sgel as usual?? Is that right?yep

How much would you charge for this in comparison to a full set? In the salon where i work we have the client come back after however long they get out of them usually about 3 sometimes 4 weeks and they have asoak off and a fresh set. and obviouly they are charged for both! infills i normally charge £25 if its a soak & new set make sure you charge accordingly

Id appreciate any help.

Thanks so much in advance.

Rach xxx

hth

The only after care i was told to tell them was replacing the polish once a week. Is there more? In work we sell the after care packs and they just have the remover the clear polish a buffer and a file init! Should there be more?

Defo helps, thanks xxx

Also, do you get a line from where the old gel was?

The only after care i was told to tell them was replacing the polish once a week. Is there more? In work we sell the after care packs and they just have the remover the clear polish a buffer and a file init! Should there be more?

I also give my clients the option of buying the matching polish as part of the aftercare - and most of them do buy it. I just make sure I always have my most popular colours in stock. Bio Sculpture have pink aftercare leaflets that you give to your clients which explains exactly what they should do.

I very rarely do infills - most of the time my clients want a colour change and so I always soak off. If I do an infill I charge £25 instead of the usual £30 as it takes just as long to do the filing. My educator advised me on the cost of an infill - I was going to charge a lot less and she moaned at me to hike up my prices!

Also, do you get a line from where the old gel was?

You don't get a line if you file it down carefully. Put two coats of coloured gel on, followed by S-Gel and you'll not see the difference. It is thicker though and I find it takes longer to soak off as there are more layers.

Latest posts

Back