Bio Sculp. French cracking/chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Miss X

Reaction score
hi girls, I am a very frustrated Bio tech. I have been doing Bio for just under a year or so. Qualified in StAlbans and been doing clients (sporadically) since then. Lately whenever I applied a french overlay with bio my clients get chipping and cracking in the white tip - I do the prep work as thoroughly as I can - cut, file, bevel, cuticles, buff, swipe with sanitiser/or dual cleanse etc but it's still chipping and lifting slightly and has a crackling look to it after a week or so. I have applied S-Gel and as I still have the problem also of the SGel not shining after 4 minutes curing - I have to always apply clear top coat to all my clients. I am getting very frustrated now as I am not sure I want to stay with bio - cant seem to master this technique with french - HELP! i have put alot of effort into my training and do friends for free sometimes to try different methods of application but it never comes out perfect.....let me know any words of wisdom from all you gals who have or do work with Bio Sculpture Gel....xxx

Hmmm if it's cracking, maybe you're applying your white too thick?

Also, are your chips on the sides of the nails? I noticed that mine chips when I get sloppy with the base application and capping. Make sure you cover the whole nail or the white won't stay.

I hardly ever use SGel, but isn't SGel's curing time 2 minutes? Also, when you wipe the sticky layer off, are you using cleanser or sanitizer? If you use cleanser, it will dull the shine for sure. It's a bit confusing, but using cleanser to wipe is for the regular clear gel only.

...hi, thanks for replying. I use sanitiser to wipe off stickiness and it still is dull - most of the time. I think you may be right about the base coat not being enough and goin completly around the free edge...but if you do not use sgel what applications do you apply - base coat, colour, colour and what top gel??

Hmmm does it only happen when using SGel? Or even with the regular clear gel? Cause if it happens with both, it could be your lamp as well.

I do base, colour colour, and then use Christrio's permashine gel on top. It evens the layers out very nicely and has a lovely shine to it.

Have you tried the new flexi and uv top coat?
They are both brilliant, I use the new flexi gel as my final coat on most of my clients as S Gel is not flexible enough for most nails, this may be the cause of cracking. Apply flexi gel swipe the sticky layer refine with a grey sponge file swipe again and put on the UV top coat only take 40secs in the lamp swipe with Bio varnish remover and away you go! Brilliant shine that lasts and lasts. Can not be removed with acetone (hence the lasting shine)has to be buffed of but we buff to break down the gel for removal so no difference!

I use Brisa paint on white for the white tips, it's cheaper and has fantastic pigment. At first I didn't like the Brisa applicator, so I just pour the bottle contents into a jar.

Don't give up on Bio Sculpture, it's a wonderful product with no lifting and easy removal.

If your gel isn't super shiny after removing the inhibition layer, check your bulbs and if that's not it, switch to the new Flexi-gel or UV top coat.

I also dont use bio s-gel. Also had problms with cracking and realised it only happened with the s-gel. I do buff off gel as well and i use that sealer on my bio-sculpture. Works perfect.

First try the flexi gel. Im gonna try that 2. Otherwise consider using another products sealer -that you know works, of course.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back