Bio Sculpture and Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty Boo

Reaction score
Firstly I love Brisa all though I trained the CND 4 day foundation on Acrylics and went on to do Fabric and the real rebalance I have never been so happy with a product. I think what but me off the Acrylics were the horrors I saw infilling someone elses work all mottled and they would never get away without polish.(disgusting).

Sorry I digress, would all you tech's who have worked with Bio Sculpture help me out, am I right when I say;

1) Bio is better for overlays on the natural nails
2) If you use it for tips it is better to use sculpting gel.

Also the prices Bio say to charge seem over the top;
what do you charge for;

An overlay
A French overlay
Coloured overlay
In-fills and how often as bio say for the customer to do maintenance at home

And as you use it all the time what are the problems, if any

I have used it for a while now but with tips tend to stick to Brisa, just love the coloured gels

The big question you need to ask is ... is it YOU who loves the idea of coloured gels or your CLIENTS who love the idea of coloured gels. It's a big investment to make if it is you and not the clients who are going to ask for this service.

A mild interest from one or two clients will not repay you for your investment.

Speaking purely personally, when polish lasts so long over any enhancement, what is the point of permanent colour? When you want to change it ... all that buffing (everyone knows I hate filing). I just cannot see the appeal myself. But again this is my personal point of view.

woop's I already have quite a collection of Bio coloured gels.

But your right I too hate lots of filling but on natural nails you can soak it off.

I really hate waiting for polish to dry I have quite a few older customers who are a nightmere for smudging.

Sorry Im a hopeless nail addict and want to try everything.

Im going to Gmex on Monday armed with cash and credit cards. (poor hubby) he thinks Im mad but likes a quiet life.

Hi there

There isn't much filing with Bio you can add another coloured gel or polish over the permanent colour to change it, you can do light to dark, but if a client has dark permanent gel on and wants lighter colour you would need to soak off. There is very little filing with bio. When soaking off you simply scratch the surface to break the seal and soak off like acrylics, they come off very easily.

Sculpting gel is used to build sculptures, Bio can be used as an overlay on natural nail, on tips, sculpted, with silk, for repairs etc.

Their website for more info is: www.biosculpture.co.uk

Deb379

There products are very expensive I must admit.

Betty Boo said:
Firstly I love Brisa all though I trained the CND 4 day foundation on Acrylics and went on to do Fabric and the real rebalance I have never been so happy with a product. I think what but me off the Acrylics were the horrors I saw infilling someone elses work all mottled and they would never get away without polish.(disgusting).

Sorry I digress, would all you tech's who have worked with Bio Sculpture help me out, am I right when I say;

1) Bio is better for overlays on the natural nails

what do you charge for;

An overlay
A French overlay
Coloured overlay
In-fills and how often as bio say for the customer to do maintenance at home

And as you use it all the time what are the problems, if any

I have used it for a while now but with tips tend to stick to Brisa, just love the coloured gels

hi

I answered most of your questions in my e-mails but as for prices it all depends on your area and how much your clients are prepared to pay.
My techs can do a natural overlay in about 30 mins so we only charge £23.00 but for most clients they have infills at the same cost or soak off and reaply for £25.00
that is just natural overlay.

Thanks Tracy you are a star!

I love both systems that is Bio and Brisa

Sometimes dont know which to advise!

Hi Tracy - where are you based? Just wondered cos I'm in London and am mobile and I charge £22 for natural nail overlay then £7 for soak offs and £18 infills - that's with permanent french - you sound very cheap for a salon and I'm also shocked at how quick your technicians do an overlay! It takes me about 20 minutes just to prepare the nails and then about another 45-50 minutes to overlay them - am I really really slow?? :o(

Love Mish x

"Firstly I love Brisa all though I trained the CND 4 day foundation on Acrylics and went on to do Fabric and the real rebalance I have never been so happy with a product. I think what but me off the Acrylics were the horrors I saw infilling someone elses work all mottled and they would never get away without polish.(disgusting).

1) Bio is better for overlays on the natural nails ???? Have only used Bio Sculpture but will be trying Brisa very soon.

Definately sculpting gel as the sculpting gel is much stronger as it contains tiny particles of silk.

what do you charge for;

An overlay $50 Australian Dollars
A French overlay $55 Australian Dollars
Coloured overlay $50 Aussie dollars
In-fills $30 for clear and colour and $35 for french (aussie dollars) and how often as bio say for the customer to do maintenance at home weekly change of top coat
And as you use it all the time what are the problems, if any a bit of discolouring if client does not replace top coat regularly. Sculptures dont last if they are too long.

I have used it for a while now but with tips tend to stick to Brisa, just love the coloured gels Coloured gels are awesome for toes!!!! only have to refill every 8 weeks. Also i do french for some of my clients but use a coloured gel on the tips as apposed to the white gel. Last client i did hot pink tips with a fine line of glitter along the smile line. They looked georgeous if i do say so myself. "

Nails at Home said:
Hi Tracy - where are you based? Just wondered cos I'm in London and am mobile and I charge £22 for natural nail overlay then £7 for soak offs and £18 infills - that's with permanent french - you sound very cheap for a salon and I'm also shocked at how quick your technicians do an overlay! It takes me about 20 minutes just to prepare the nails and then about another 45-50 minutes to overlay them - am I really really slow?? :o(

Love Mish x

Hi

I am based in lincolnshire. It is a LOT cheaper up here lol!
30 mins is for a new set, soak off and reapply ob takes longer. They can do a tip and overlay in 1 hr 15 mins! They are fast but really good and very thorough. My apprentice takes about an hour for a french overlay.
I dont think your slow at all :wink2: .
A lot of our clients are really busy and so the girls are put on the clock :rolleyes: so to speak. I dont set the times for them its just how they do it. For some problem clients they book extra time out though.

Latest posts

Back