Bio sculpture and client reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I've had a client (who is a friend of mine) have bio sculpture on since June of this year. The first 3 times (1st time was a clear NNO, 2nd and 3rd times were french NNO) she was fine. We swtiched to colour NNO (using 1x sculpting, 1x colour, 1x UV gel) and she reacted with sore clisters around her nails. I used dual cleasner on her also.

Spoke to my trainer, she suggested using Sanitiser, so switched to sanitiser. Fingers started to clear up, so we infilled her nails using the sculpting, 2 x colour, uv gels, but sanitizer. Reaction occured, so we stopped the use of sanitizer/dual cleanser, she still reacted.

Last night I did a buff & polish on her, using sanitizer and she has reacted so bad. Its like contact dermatitis symptoms, I am suggesting she visit her Dr about it.

Is it safe to soak off with acetone? Im thinking we swtich to Shellac, but Im worried the isoproply alcohol will cause a reaction. HELP!! I am so stressed over this matter, as she is in pain :(

I'm sorry, I don't know any thing about Bio sculpture but when a client has a sore or a bad hang nail I put Vaseline on it and it blocks out the acetone. If you do soak off you may consider using it.

Could if be she is reacting to the color coat?

Also, if you are considering shellac maybe use alcohol on her before converting when she is not having a reaction and see what happens?

Sorry I can't be more help
Sent from my PC36100 using SalonGeek

This sounds like contact dermatitis. I was a Bio Sculpture tech and had the same issues in wearing the product. (I am also allergic to acrylic) My symptoms were specifically itching/burning around and underneath my nails, water blisters and my nail plate began lifting from the bed.

You will need to remove the product ASAP and have the client give her nails a rest. The acetone did not make it worse for me, but it does take time to heal. Her doctor may be able to prescribe something to help heal faster.

I would let your client heal before you try any other products. Also, please try them cautiously. There are still elements of gel in "gel polishes" that could cause the same irritation.

I don't ever use acetone to soak off ... do you have biosculpture gel remover that you could use instead?
x

I don't ever use acetone to soak off ... do you have biosculpture gel remover that you could use instead?
x

I've ran out- I live a fair distance (5 hours drive) for my Bio distributor, it usually takes a few days for orders to get here. She wants them off now, as they are causing her lots of grief.

Argh, what to do!

Latest posts

Back