Bio Sculpture & cuticle oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
Quick question. My friend has bio sculpt on her nails & they have started chipping off a lot because her nails are dry & flaking. She has been told she can't use cuticle oil because this affects bio sculpt & it will lift. Is this advice correct?? Surely she should be using cuticle oil??

Bio Sculpture shouldn't chip or the nails shouldn't flake. My nan has underactive thyroid which makes her nails flake and I make sure I apply a layer of silk as a base for Bio which stops this. Surely her educated nail technician should know the procedure for dealing with damaged nails?

As for the cuticle oil, does she mean Bio's cuticle oil or another brand? Solar Oil applied to her nails daily won't be a problem...

I don't work with bio sculpture, but I've NEVER heard of a brand who wouldn't recommend cuticle oil for home maintenance. I think who ever told her that was a ding bat.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I would have thought any nail tech worth their salt would recommend cuticle oil to clients.

Bio Sculptures cuticle oil is really lovely and does a great job, I use it myself several times a day and of course my Bio does not lift. I have underactive thyroid but with good aftercare I never have any problems.

She should try Bios vitamin dose too, its also a great product and smells divine.

If you don't have Bio cuticle oil then Solar oil is a fab alternative as well - which I can catagorically confirm will not cause lifting.

HTH

Latest posts

Back