Bio Sculpture overlay infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I'm new to bio sculpture (I just do overlays not sculptures) and am debating wether to offer infills or not? Is it worth it? Do many people have this done? How much do you charge for this- I know everyone charges different depending on area etc but how much less do u charge for infills compared to a fresh new set or a removal and new set?

I'm thinking if I do infills it's going to make the bio product thick on the nails- how many infills would you do untill soak of? Just one infills then said of next time? I know you file product down first but it's still going to be thicker.

Can anyone help?

Hey, I also often bio sculpture nails and despite being taught how to 'infill' nails I decided not to put it on my treatment list as something I offer. For me the time it takes to do an infill and the result it gives just isn't worth it. I would rather remove and put on a new set.

But yes if I was to do an infill I would charge less but not sure by how much as have never considered it!

Sorry to not be of more help!

Thank you for your reply, I don't think I'm going to offer infills as it's nice to have a fresh set and most clients have different colours anyway

Thank you for your reply, I don't think I'm going to offer infills as it's nice to have a fresh set and most clients have different colours anyway

The trouble with Bio Sculpture infills is that you can only go darker with colours and not lighter, so it's not always feasible to offer an infill service.

Hi! I do infills all the time for long nails. To me it takes less time to remove the color with an electric file then to completely soak off since I use two base coats to strengthen the nails. I charge the same as I would for a regular overlay although I will be charging more soon for long nails. You also don't have to put a darker color on top if you remove all the color and I don't ever completely remove the gel unless it's lifting. Hope this helps!!

I'm new to bio sculpture (I just do overlays not sculptures) and am debating wether to offer infills or not? Is it worth it? Do many people have this done? How much do you charge for this- I know everyone charges different depending on area etc but how much less do u charge for infills compared to a fresh new set or a removal and new set?

I'm thinking if I do infills it's going to make the bio product thick on the nails- how many infills would you do untill soak of? Just one infills then said of next time? I know you file product down first but it's still going to be thicker.
!

Hi! I do infills all the time for long nails. To me it takes less time to remove the color with an electric file then to completely soak off since I use two base coats to strengthen the nails. I charge the same as I would for a regular overlay although I will be charging more soon for long nails. You also don't have to put a darker color on top if you remove all the color and I don't ever completely remove the gel unless it's lifting. Hope this helps!!!

Really? When I trained with Bio Sculpture, quite a few years ago, all filing and infilling was done using hand files. Perhaps this has now changed, or you have simply incorporated the electric file into your service?

I've had a really hard time being able to take their courses since they rarely offer them, so I take courses through other product companies. There is one girl specifically that has helped me tremendously and you should check her out too. You can find her on instagram and YouTube @paolaponce. She has a simple easy way to remove gel for infills or just removing completely with an electric file to save time. If you're not trained to use an electric file watch her videos and practice on yourself first. You'll save time and money.

QUOTE="Hollyh, post: 2587004, member: 129142"]Hi! I do infills all the time for long nails. To me it takes less time to remove the color with an electric file then to completely soak off since I use two base coats to strengthen the nails. I charge the same as I would for a regular overlay although I will be charging more soon for long nails. You also don't have to put a darker color on top if you remove all the color and I don't ever completely remove the gel unless it's lifting. Hope this helps!!

![/QUOTE]
Really? When I trained with Bio Sculpture, quite a few years ago, all filing and infilling was done using hand files. Perhaps this has now changed, or you have simply incorporated the electric file into your service?

Attachments

• IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back