Bio Seaweed Gel vs Bio Sculpture Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepingbeauty

Reaction score
Who are Bio Seaweed Gel ? Are they in business off the back of Bio Sculpture Gel in the same way Bluesky is off the back of CND Shellac??

I went to the Beauty UK Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham today & was surprised the names were soo similar (as was the advertising of it being a Healthier Alternative amongst other details strung together)...

Anyone know much history about them ?

Im not liking the name very much!
I <3 Bio sculpture but bio seaweed??! doesn't make want to have my nails done. I have visions of seaweed and the stinky smell of it! Lol. I have read a thread about it on here though somewhere further down. I'm sticking to my Bio sculpture though :D xx

Here is an image after removal of this stuff. These are the nails of a highly respected and well experienced nail technician ...she knows what she is doing. The seawed stuff lifted after 5 days and this is what her nails looked like after removal.

Good for the nails? Healthy? Safer? Biological? (whatever that is supposed to mean.

Beware, ladies, of companies who use 'fear' to market their products without giving you the science behind them and who use nice words to lull you into thinking their product is something it is not. Bunkum!

All nail products are safe to use if you use them safely. The clients nails will stay healthy if you care for them (which is our responsibility as professionals). All nail products are organic and the word Bio means nothing in this context. Just trying to hoodwink you. Stay educated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 614
OMG they look dreadful !!! I'd not have expected that...

OMG they look dreadful !!! I'd not have expected that...
I really don't think you can compare it to Bio Sculpture gel in quality. ... Although it used to irk me no end that bio used to advertise their product in much the same way ... That it was safer, kinder, bio etc .... Nonsense. But I do respect BS's stance on education and selling to the pro! Well ... I would, wouldn't I? :D:D

Tell you what the photo reminds me of ... A fair few years ago now there was a company that sold a glue and powder dip system and they claimed that the powder was made of dried fish bones and was organic and healthy and safe and bio ... the usual ... In fact so safe, the clients could eat it! I kid you not, that is what they advertised in their bla bla! It used to look just like this after removal with bits stuck all over the plate !

Bio seaweed gel? Sounds like a body wrap not a nail product :D

Hahah I been following them on Instagram and their nails are not that fab. So un followed.
I get annoyed with companies riding on tail wings of a brand that been around for years and thro hard work etc earned it's place!

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi.
I wanted to show you my nails after correct removal of Bio Seaweed gel but I cannot upload at this time. My nails have in no way suffered from the use of Bio Seaweed, in fact after 15 years in the industry and having tried many gel products, I really like this gel.
I will attempt an upload again.
Cate

I really cannot upload for some reason, but here is a few details on BSG.

They are a Canadian company, over there the product is used in salons but the Unity polish is also sold to public as it cures in sunlight. This may be why images on Instagram may not always be 'professional quality' so to speak.

There are a selection of products in the range, a Unity gel polish, a 3 step gel polish and builder gels for creating sculptured extensions. They are the big 5 free, so no formaldehyde, toluene, DPB, BHA, or solvents. And it is not necessary to buff the natural nail before application, if you prefer not to.

I had been a Bio Sculpture user for many many years until about 5 years ago, and I found Bio Seaweed gel recently, I have to say, I enjoy using the products, the colour range is fabulous and I have had no problems.

I really cannot upload for some reason, but here is a few details on BSG.

They are a Canadian company, over there the product is used in salons but the Unity polish is also sold to public as it cures in sunlight. This may be why images on Instagram may not always be 'professional quality' so to speak.

There are a selection of products in the range, a Unity gel polish, a 3 step gel polish and builder gels for creating sculptured extensions. They are the big 5 free, so no formaldehyde, toluene, DPB, BHA, or solvents. And it is not necessary to buff the natural nail before application, if you prefer not to.

I had been a Bio Sculpture user for many many years until about 5 years ago, and I found Bio Seaweed gel recently, I have to say, I enjoy using the products, the colour range is fabulous and I have had no problems.

Sorry darling but do you know what the word solvent means?
And I was following the official Instagram page no images by the actual general public.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Yes I do know what the word solvent means. I am purely quoting from the Bio Seaweed literature there.

And yes, I follow the same Instagram account, they regram pictures from both professional and public users, as, in Canada it is used by both.

I bought one to try but to be honest haven't tried it yet, when i got home i realised its chinese. Canadian company formulated in the usa and packaged in china. Why would someone ship from canada to china just to package, any saving would be void due to the transit costs etc. i only bought it cos i stupidly thought it was somehow made partially with seaweed and i will try anything once, but china is a big no no

Latest posts

Back