BioSculpture S-Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracymcg

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

Can any Bio users give me advice on the new S-Gel? Has anyone used it over tips? Is it very strong?

Also, does anyone sculpt with the silk on a nailbiter? Would S-Gel be suitable for this?

I have been using BioSculpture Gel for about a year now, and love it! I usually use Akzentz Gel for nailbiters, but I am much happier using Bio.

I am booked for my advanced Bio course but its not till Feb 06!

Hope you lovely geeks can help me!

Cheers!

Tracy

tracymcg said:
Hi Folks!

Can any Bio users give me advice on the new S-Gel? Has anyone used it over tips? Is it very strong?

Also, does anyone sculpt with the silk on a nailbiter? Would S-Gel be suitable for this?

I have been using BioSculpture Gel for about a year now, and love it! I usually use Akzentz Gel for nailbiters, but I am much happier using Bio.

Cheers!

Tracy

Hiya
This might help, failing that, just do a search on biosculpture S-gel.
Goodluck on your course.
http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/14712-new-s-gel-bio-sculpture.html?highlight=S-gel

tracymcg said:
Hi Folks!

Yep... great over tips... make sure you use the s-gel to sculpt a good arch to add strength... this is one of the best features of the s-gel. cos its a lot more solid than the normal clear gel, which tends to run all over the place!
For heavy-handed clients might stil be worth adding silk to the first layer of clear gel
again... yep! i would always use tips on a nailbiter, as they provider and better fit and are stronger / longer lasting. but the s-gel is def really fab for the extra strength it provides.

Cheers!

Tracy

in short... i am TOTALLY in love with the new s-gel!!! the s-gel stops the enhancement from discolouring, unlike the normal clear gel... extensions last longer and are harder wearing... overlays on weak nails stay intact... and i think the finish and final look of enhancements is so much nicer. the s-gel can be easily buffed into a smooth shape, and has a really high gloss finish (make sure you cure for 3-4mins tho).

hth!! x

I also love the S-Gel. It is soooooo much easier to file, does not discolour and stays nicer for longer.

On myself, i do not find it strong enough over tips unless i do two medium thickness layers over the tips. Sculptures seem to be much stronger.

Here is what i do on nail biters...

Stick on stickey silk.....apply clear gel to the part of silk that is touching nail (to bond it on)........cure for two minutes.........remove from light......apply sculpture gel to silk and cure 15 SECONDS ONLY....remove from light, shape to get your c-curve...........put back under light for two minutes..........remove, shape and apply thin to medium layer of clear and cure.....apply white and cure....apply S-Gel, file and cleanse and then steralise.

Thanks for your advice. Its been really helpful.

Cheers!

Tracy.

Latest posts

Back