Bit of advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloerolph1992

Reaction score
Hey guys its been a while ive been out of hairdressing for 2 years having had my daughter, a friend has had red hair for a while now with blonde highlights very short hair pixie crop, and wants a 55/65 now she loves the vibrancy her hair has faded to copper on top and is still quite dark brown-red at the back and sides what would you suggest i do to really get this beautiful colour shining on there? I was going to maybe prelighten it all abit then colour on top with a tiny bit of 5/0? But then 1 would that flatten the colour (she has about 20%white hair) and also worried it would then neautralise the purply tone in the colour and just leave the red or worse make it all brown. (I do understand that it is mahogany and is both red and purple tones just dont want todo it and it go brown any advice or suggestions would be fab its more nervs and confidence then lack of skill i question myself alot more than i should x

What’s her natural level? Anything lighter than target shade level *5 you deposit not lift. Underlying pigment of level 5 is red it’s a great anchor.
Just stay away from gold/ neutralized violet and green/ neutralized red both will deff cause a brown effect.
20% white grey hair? You must use a natural no matter what for that color to grab

What’s her natural level? Anything lighter than target shade level *5 you deposit not lift. Underlying pigment of level 5 is red it’s a great anchor.
Just stay away from gold/ neutralized violet and green/ neutralized red both will deff cause a brown effect.
20% white grey hair? You must use a natural no matter what for that color to grab

Thanks lovely she has a natural of base 6/0 and wants 55/65 and 10/0 level of highlights through she already has had bleached highlights but previous colour used is a professional one and is unknown, i think the back will deffo need lifting first would u suggest bleach bathing first then applying colour? X

Thanks lovely she has a natural of base 6/0 and wants 55/65 and 10/0 level of highlights through she already has had bleached highlights but previous colour used is a professional one and is unknown, i think the back will deffo need lifting first would u suggest bleach bathing first then applying colour? X
Malibu products help slack off any mineral build from hard water you’d be amazed how much it affects your hair and color if not done prior to coloring service I would suggest it 1st, lighter hair need to be filled to the desired level Always use a natural + desire color for the color to stick, look up underlying pigment Hair chart. Never do a bleach bath that’s very important you can’t contMalibu is vegan free/ ammonia free and they have did ferent packets for certain elements your trying to pull out of the hair, mix crystals with only water, your going dark no bleach needed there are safer ways so removal

Latest posts

Back