black french+pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Tove

Reaction score
Hello.Just did these today on myself,stil struggling with doing my own nails,so what do u think?:)

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
You've got the shape uniform on all of the nails... I think a warmer colour nailbed would suit you better, they look far too pale for your skintone.
I don't particularly like the pink applied to the lunula but that's more personal preference.
Overall I think you've done a good job :D

marie111

Reaction score
I agree with Sandi, I love black, I don't like the pink and think you could do with a pinker nailbed colour.

1999judy

Reaction score
I like the black it looks lovely. As has been said the pink looks a bit pale and needs to be a bit brighter but I really love the lunula work..it's a bit different.
Well done x

blossom

Reaction score
Nice work. Love the sparklies too! It's an interesting design which could be adapted to suit any colourway.

Tove

Reaction score
:biggrin:thanks everyone for your opinion:)..the pink is NSI pink masque

becca boo

Reaction score
the bed is a bit pale but i suck at custom blend.. I love them though i like doing lanulas and tips if that makes sence (the style you did) your lanulas are very even good job

margot

Reaction score
Great effort. I think colour is always a personal choice - but I have always loved balck tips. I think you need to make the lunular a little narrower as it is quite wide, but other than that well done.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
I have done black with custom similair to yours and wasnt happy..the nail flows much better with a more transparent powder (any of the perfect colour range..even clear) IMO.
For the lunula a silver glitter (think millenium nail graphix or CND twighlight even) would have given a pretty bling without having to add rhinestones at all.
I think keeping it simple and consistent always looks best..especially in photography.
For a custom blend you really do need a reverse french to keep it crisp (when it comes to black)..if you want to go that way.

Tove

Reaction score
I have done black with custom similair to yours and wasnt happy..the nail flows much better with a more transparent powder (any of the perfect colour range..even clear) IMO.
For the lunula a silver glitter (think millenium nail graphix or CND twighlight even) would have given a pretty bling without having to add rhinestones at all.
I think keeping it simple and consistent always looks best..especially in photography.
For a custom blend you really do need a reverse french to keep it crisp (when it comes to black)..if you want to go that way.
thanks for the advice,yes ill try and do a reverse french next time:)(and not on myself..lol..still find that quite hard)..the pink looks a lot paler in the pic than real life,but i do agree it would have looked better with a more transparent powder,but with my nails i had to...a silver glitter lunula sounds nice,next time:D:)

Latest posts