Black Friday offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makeupandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a sole trader and want to do an offer for Black Friday. I wanted to do something along the lines of free brow wax with appointments booked on Black Friday, but I don't mean appointments booked to be performed on BF, I mean appointments booked on BF to be performed at a later date. Does that make sense? How would you word this?

Does anyone have any other ideas? I also thought of doing a gift voucher offer instead, as in buy someone a gift voucher and getting half the value back as a voucher for yourself or something maybe a bit less generous lol. What do you think?

Hi all, I am a sole trader and want to do an offer for Black Friday. I wanted to do something along the lines of free brow wax with appointments booked on Black Friday, but I don't mean appointments booked to be performed on BF, I mean appointments booked on BF to be performed at a later date. Does that make sense? How would you word this?

Does anyone have any other ideas? I also thought of doing a gift voucher offer instead, as in buy someone a gift voucher and getting half the value back as a voucher for yourself or something maybe a bit less generous lol. What do you think?

Are you wanting clients to book AND PAY FOR the treatment in full, at the time of booking on the Friday. This might be easiest to administer.

However, what if they want to book the treatment just before Xmas when you should be able to easily charge full price for your services? What if they book a facial and body massage on 22 December and cancel last minute and want a refund. Will you easily fill the vacant slot? Perhaps make your offer only available to use on certain days?

If you're going to offer any discounts or voucher offers, make sure you're very clear about any conditions you want to attach such as when they can be used and give them an expiry date so you're not still honouring them 3 years later.

If you want something that will catch the eyes of customers, I would phrase it along the lines of (adjust accordingly):

Black Friday Special
Purchase a gift certificate today, and get a free eyebrow wax!

or

Black Friday Special
Free $20 eyebrow wax when you pre-pay for an appointment today!​

Tailoring a custom email or handwritten card to your best customers with a deal might also be something to consider. Personalizing the message, and then crafting the deal just for them (e.g. picture of hands with their favorite nail color) could also help.

As stated above by Haircuts, make sure there are clear terms and conditions in your favor as a business owner.

i personally dont think you should offer it so close to xmas. ebw are a big earner in my salon and it brings clients in. perhaps try something like try out another treatment with it. so you could do ebw& ebtint for whatever price and viola easy peasy treatment similar value but offering something which might let the client use again! say it will define their eyes for xmas selfies or for a quieter period in jan/feb

my idea this year is to retail for black friday alongside offers.

you dont have to offer something for free but it can be implied..book now bs massage with every facial @ £XX rather than £XX. prepay and prebook now terms and conditions apply! :) xoxo

Very good point guys.
Wonderwoman I agree, free ebw in Dec is stupid!
I didn't quite get the rest of your post though?
I was thinking that by giving vouchers with the view of being presents for others it'd help, maybe if I made them redeemable for Jan to June next year I'd be better off? I'm thinking then I get two clients, the buyer and the recipient and not in December.

Very good point guys.
Wonderwoman I agree, free ebw in Dec is stupid!
I didn't quite get the rest of your post though?
I was thinking that by giving vouchers with the view of being presents for others it'd help, maybe if I made them redeemable for Jan to June next year I'd be better off? I'm thinking then I get two clients, the buyer and the recipient and not in December.

So i would offer something that wouldn't take up much of my time but offer something that is easily complimented with what i already offer. So in this instance one day only i would ask clients to book an ebw with a tint addition inclusive when booked and paid for. not only would i be exposing my client to the additional tint which they may not always ask for but it wouldn't take too much of my time. Also i know they would re-book it as they would love the look. its a win win.

Retail sales are a brilliant incentive to increase your profit margins without any actual manual work. its effortless!!

My post is suggesting to offer treatments that others wouldn't normally book or get. so for instance a back and shoulder massage with every facial (or whatever you wish to offer) 1-2 hours @ whatever price. it will increase your revenue to have solid bookings and one off tempting treatments that sometimes people don't necessary indulge in. It's driving up sales, so you can recommend them something else.

I think if your offering vouchers you have to think about your terms and conditions because people want to take advantage by using it between 2 people or against retail or against a little bit then keep using it again and again...if that makes any sense- just some cases of where ppl take the mick.

I personally wouldnt want to keep honouring a voucher paid from the year before,(id still honour it!) however i like knowing i have a clean slate when they have redeemed it against a treatment straight away. i think you need to be realistic on your footfall on how many ppl with purchase it, and rave about it afterwards. good luck xoxo

i may be mad but my Black Friday special was going to be a double your money offer. for example:
Buy a £10 gift voucher and get a £10 gift voucher for FREE!
Buy a £20 gift voucher and get a £20 gift voucher for FREE!
(T&CS. offer applies for gift vouchers purchased between 27th-30th ONLY. one per customer. voucher valid from 01.01.16 till 28th.02.16)

the idea is that these vouchers can ONLY be spent in january of feb which makes an ideal gift or a post xmas treat and thats my quiet time of year. the customer would get two seperate vouchers meaning they may keep one and give one away therefore potentioanly doubling my clientel?

i may be mad but my Black Friday special was going to be a double your money offer. for example:
(T&CS. offer applies for gift vouchers purchased between 27th-30th ONLY. one per customer. voucher valid from 01.01.16 till 28th.02.16)

the idea is that these vouchers can ONLY be spent in january of feb which makes an ideal gift or a post xmas treat and thats my quiet time of year. the customer would get two seperate vouchers meaning they may keep one and give one away therefore potentioanly doubling my clientel?
And leaving you out of pocket during jan/feb

I've been thinking about these bogof deals...

It's a great attraction to buy a voucher for £10 and get a £10 one free for the customer BUT you as a business are loosing £10, also it will be redeemed during the quietest time of year, so you'll be giving away a free service when income is already low... I must be missing the point somehow because I don't see how these offers work for the salon?

i felt there was some pros and cons yes. on one hand it would
encourage people to book in january when they may not have otherwise as its already been paid for.
they may use the second or entire voucher as a gift meaning id have a new client with retention potential
it may encourage a low spending client to try a more expensive treatment meaning they may do so again in future.

the only con i can see is that yes id be loosing out on a bit of money, but there was no guarantee i would have made it anyway due to January being so dead? i think it depends on the area you live in. i live in a coastal town and we find winters tough in general as there is less tourist trade and fall back on locals to prop up our businesses during the winter, and most of mine are so elderly the slight bit of wind and they are house bound. im willing to try anything to encourage them out the house :)

Anyone else got any thoughts to add to the bogof thing?

That may work depending on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're looking to use this as advertising, or to up-sell those customers (they spend £20 when they purchased a £10 voucher), but if you don't plan for it properly it can be disastrous.

If you're selling a "Buy a £10 gift voucher and get a £10 gift voucher for FREE!", you need to look to consider the long-term costs. Here's a pure hypothetical to consider that will illustrate my point:

You have two customers, both sisters. One sister bought the £10 voucher, and the other sister is using the free voucher. Materials cost you £3 a person, for a total of £6. Your profit is £4 between two customers. Lets imagine you spent 30-minutes total for both sisters. Before additional cost (rent, taxes, loss of other customers pay full rate), you're getting paid £8 an hour vs. £14 an hour, for a loss of £6 per hour.

Looking closer, you may think you're losing £6 on each deal, but how many of those free voucher customers will after using the voucher? Lets pretend that 10% of the free £10 voucher people return. That means you're spending £60 per customer to acquire ( [£3 cost x 2 two people] x 10 customers), and convert them into a returning paying customer. This is assuming all costs are the same per customer.

Looking at it from the perspective that it costs £60 to acquire and convert those into paying customers, can you spend less with better results simply by advertising a different way?

Hey guys, anyone know of any good Black Friday offers for wholesale?
I know LashBase are offering VAT free and free delivery over £30.

Does anyone know if sweet squared usually do one? Have a big order to make and would rather wait if they do!

X

Don't think S2 will do one but be nice if they did!

Just ordered from S2
and asked the question ....they had a big event day in Leeds today with offers etc and the lady I spoke to said they wouldn't be doing offers on Black Friday x

Just ordered from S2
and asked the question ....they had a big event day in Leeds today with offers etc and the lady I spoke to said they wouldn't be doing offers on Black Friday x

[emoji53] surprise surprise
Thanks for finding out though!

So i would offer something that wouldn't take up much of my time but offer something that is easily complimented with what i already offer. So in this instance one day only i would ask clients to book an ebw with a tint addition inclusive when booked and paid for. not only would i be exposing my client to the additional tint which they may not always ask for but it wouldn't take too much of my time. Also i know they would re-book it as they would love the look. its a win win.

Retail sales are a brilliant incentive to increase your profit margins without any actual manual work. its effortless!!

My post is suggesting to offer treatments that others wouldn't normally book or get. so for instance a back and shoulder massage with every facial (or whatever you wish to offer) 1-2 hours @ whatever price. it will increase your revenue to have solid bookings and one off tempting treatments that sometimes people don't necessary indulge in. It's driving up sales, so you can recommend them something else.

I think if your offering vouchers you have to think about your terms and conditions because people want to take advantage by using it between 2 people or against retail or against a little bit then keep using it again and again...if that makes any sense- just some cases of where ppl take the mick.

I personally wouldnt want to keep honouring a voucher paid from the year before,(id still honour it!) however i like knowing i have a clean slate when they have redeemed it against a treatment straight away. i think you need to be realistic on your footfall on how many ppl with purchase it, and rave about it afterwards. good luck xoxo

That's great advice, thank you!

As for the Bogof, if it's only redeemable in Jan and Feb, when the client probably wouldn't have booked anyway then I get what you mean with the filling space. How about distributing them as massage vouchers, low cost treatment but high value?

[emoji53] surprise surprise
Thanks for finding out though!

I know I've just done a £300 order was kinda hoping lol X

Thinking out loud here.... Please give your opinions. I do a few different treatments but thinking of doing offers on a treatment they wouldn't normally do? Few examples...
Shellac mani and get a half price EBW
Shellac mani and get half price HD Brows
£10 odd Semi- perm lashes and LVL
Pay for a tan, friend for free
HD Brows and get a half price palette
Shellac mani and get a free pedi (with polish)
Shellac mani free solar oil mini
Give everyone in December a £5 off voucher to be redeemed in Jan
I'm trying to think about offers that would bring in new clients,

Thinking out loud here.... Please give your opinions. I do a few different treatments but thinking of doing offers on a treatment they wouldn't normally do? Few examples...
Shellac mani and get a half price EBW
Shellac mani and get half price HD Brows
£10 odd Semi- perm lashes and LVL
Pay for a tan, friend for free
HD Brows and get a half price palette
Shellac mani and get a free pedi (with polish)
Shellac mani free solar oil mini
Give everyone in December a £5 off voucher to be redeemed in Jan
I'm trying to think about offers that would bring in new clients,

If i was to choose from all of these in salon mode id go for the shellac with free solar oil purely so i know correct aftercare is given. i personally always like to link with retail products because it always gathers interest and clients like it when you have recommend something for them to take home. it just adds to your professional integrity. i never push a sale i just refer oh this would be amazing for you! then i have a tester somewhere and let them try it, win win!

I just don't like offering separate additional treatments that don't compliment the treatments sometimes as you always get that one client that's wants one bit and if they can have my friend have the other at the same value. it irritates me because you're still having to work tirelessly but at a rate that you have created. don't downgrade yourself too much.

A few years ago for one month near oct/nov time i created a offer on my spraytans i had it at £10 and i got so many referrals that i was a busy bee, clients loved the tan and just kept booking in towards xmas, the price was higher but it had lured the client in. just be careful with offering too much xoxo

To all the lovely ladies doing deals - I wish you good luck and hope you are successful.

Deals don't often turn in to regular and loyal clients.

Doing your own deal however is a million times better than signing up with Groupon or the like.

I don't do deals.

I don't want the clients who are mostly looking for deals.

I expect to be paid the full price for my experience and expertise.

Peace and respect xx

Latest posts

Back