Black hair, anything I can do to remove colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah8080

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I’ll just start by saying I’m not an hairdresser but I really could do with some advice. I’ve got dyed black hair and after a long illness my complexion has changed considerably and now I look more ill than I feel lol.
I’m in desperate need of a pick me up and I’d love to get the black removed .... is there anyway I can do that?
Please help!

Hi Guys
I’ll just start by saying I’m not an hairdresser but I really could do with some advice. I’ve got dyed black hair and after a long illness my complexion has changed considerably and now I look more ill than I feel lol.
I’m in desperate need of a pick me up and I’d love to get the black removed .... is there anyway I can do that?
Please help!
Black is so difficult, because its so heavily pigmented. I would strongly discourage using any harsh chemicals yourself. As you can imagine it's not a straight forward process.
Do you know what was used to achieve the black?

Black is so difficult, because its so heavily pigmented. I would strongly discourage using any harsh chemicals yourself. As you can imagine it's not a straight forward process.
Do you know what was used to achieve the black?

Hi Ronray 👋 thanks for your reply I feared that was going to be the case 😩
It’s a box dye I’ve done myself. Ive had mobility issues for around 2 years now and getting to the salon is very difficult and so in that time I’ve had to do it myself.

I would wait until we are able to operate again and source a mobile hairdresser to do this service for you at home. They will be able to carry out the tests to see what is possible without compromising the condition of your hair and have access to professional products to remove the black. I suspect you have many layers of black color which can be incredibly hard to shift. I would advise against trying yourself as you will probably end up with a very patchy un-wanted mix of depths and tones and possibly cause long term damage which would prevent any further corrections being carried out. I would definately leave this one to the experts.

Latest posts

Back