Black Hair With 2 Inches Of Grey Regrowth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Hi, I had a client that rang up and she said she has black hair that turned out wrong cause she wanted it a dark brown and she has 2 inches of grey regrowth. Now would I use a bleach bath on her lengths and ends avoiding the roots, then after, dye it the target colour by putting the colour on all over straight away on a 20vol? I will be putting a warm colour on her hair hopefully as she wants it back to her original colour which is a brown.
If I have to do a bleach bath how would i go about that as in mixing peroxide etc.
Thanks

Hi, I had a client that rang up and she said she has black hair that turned out wrong cause she wanted it a dark brown and she has 2 inches of grey regrowth. Now would I use a bleach bath on her lengths and ends avoiding the roots, then after, dye it the target colour by putting the colour on all over straight away on a 20vol? I will be putting a warm colour on her hair hopefully as she wants it back to her original colour which is a brown.
If I have to do a bleach bath how would i go about that as in mixing peroxide etc.
Thanks

Hiya hairdresser18
peroxide strength in the bleach bath do you mean? 20vol.
or as in target colour? mayb use semi on the midlengths and ends
hope this helps :)
xox

hi, yea 20vol peroxide strength for bleach bath and 20 vol peroxide to use with colour. How would i mix to make it a bleach bath?
why would i use a semi only for length and ends if her hair will be bleached as it will fade and her roots will be permanently dark wont it? if i put a permanent on her roots by using 20vol to cover grey? or should i tell her to use head and shoulders for a while to take out the black, it will start to go a dark brown and will hopefully lighten her hair enough for me to use a permanent all over to match roots and ends? that a better idea?

You would be better off using a colour stripper on this one. I use a swartkopf one but I cannot for the life of me think of the name of it. It removes fake pigments without affecting the natural hair. Use according to instructions, then tint roots target colour and use a semi in target colour midlengths and ends.

You would be better off using a colour stripper on this one. I use a swartkopf one but I cannot for the life of me think of the name of it. It removes fake pigments without affecting the natural hair. Use according to instructions, then tint roots target colour and use a semi in target colour midlengths and ends.

is it the igora one?

YES!! Well done, I couldnt remember what it was called!!

Latest posts

Back