Black Shatter with Gelish Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have a client in on Wednesday morning have a manicure & pedicure using the Katy Perry range of OPI polishes along with the Black Shatter coat from OPI.

I was wondering if the Gelish top coat would go over these ok in order to save drying time?

The client hasn't requested the Gelish top coat, but I wanted to check before I offered it to her.

In case she comes in boots and has to dash off I thought about offering the Gelish top coat. And also to help the polish last longer on her fingernails I thought I could put the top coat over that too.

What do you think???

xx :hug: xx

Hi Geeks,

I have a client in on Wednesday morning have a manicure & pedicure using the Katy Perry range of OPI polishes along with the Black Shatter coat from OPI.

I was wondering if the Gelish top coat would go over these ok in order to save drying time?

The client hasn't requested the Gelish top coat, but I wanted to check before I offered it to her.

In case she comes in boots and has to dash off I thought about offering the Gelish top coat. And also to help the polish last longer on her fingernails I thought I could put the top coat over that too.

What do you think???

xx :hug: xx

Hi I have done this a few times over the Katy Perry collection but I used the young nails top coat from Their new gel polish collection I'm guessing it's similar, it's worked fine for me, you need to make sure the polish is fairly dry tho and if I was you I would do one on you first just to try it, but my clients have been going three weeks with no problems. I did try another gel top coat and it reacted with the shatter coat which is a good reason to try it first. Hth Claire x

I am interested in this. Are some of you saying that some gel polish topcoats can be used over ordinary nail polish to dry immediately and give longer lasting results that normal polish?

I am interested in this. Are some of you saying that some gel polish topcoats can be used over ordinary nail polish to dry immediately and give longer lasting results that normal polish?

Iv only used it over the opi Katy Perry collection but it has worked fine for me, maybe just give it a try and see if it works for you, I wouldn't use it on clients without giving it a good road test first. Xx

Iv only used it over the opi Katy Perry collection but it has worked fine for me, maybe just give it a try and see if it works for you, I wouldn't use it on clients without giving it a good road test first. Xx

The polish in the Katy Perry Collection is the same OPI product just different colours (apart from the Shatter Black obviously!)

The polish in the Katy Perry Collection is the same OPI product just different colours (apart from the Shatter Black obviously!)

Yes I realise that I just haven't tried it on anything else xx

In my experience I haven't found a gel top coat that will seal a nail polish, regardless what brand the polish is. However, I have had success when using gel top coat over black shatter.

hth's

Thanks for your replies, i will try it out over the next few days and see if it works ok xx

Latest posts

Back