Bleach Blonde to base 7 HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondy04

Reaction score
I need some advice on a colour correction. My client is a base 7 but has recently had a very bad colour. Her hair has been bleached from a 5 and is currently a straw colour yellow. I would like to take it back to its natural colour which is a base 7. I probably sound really stupid but dont want to get this wrong so would like some advice from someone more experienced. The colours I use are loreal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
U need to pre pigment or colour fill the hair first if it is quite yellow, as you want to avoid green tones which is important when a natural shade is chosen since natural shades contain little pigment or red. A warm or red shade must be applied to the hair first which can either be permanent or a semi. A short development time is all that's necessary to pre pigment, and the hair is then ready to accept the chosen target shade. If a red or warm shade target has been selected there is no need to pre pigment. A warm target shade allows the warmth to show through. Hope that helps! X

Prepig for a level 7 is coppergold. You can use the coppergold diacolour for this. Leave on for 5, wash off and dry. Then use your target shade in majirel with 10 vol.

Persianista, can I ask why you wouldn't use richesse semi instead??
xox

The semi's I use in the salon are shades EQ by Redken. In my opinion head and shoulders above anything else on the market. These are only available to Redken salons, so I rarely quote them on here. I am personlly not a fan of richesse or diacolour, but I do use majirel as my main permanent range.
I have used diacolour in the past, so am fully coversant with it.

If I was color correcting this in my salon, I would use shades eq 7nb. No prepig(not needed with this amazing range) and no permanent. It would come out perfect target colour and last about 5 weeks.

Thanks guys really helped. Luckily had already bought the diacolour copper cold. Maybe I should trusst my own instincts but there again advice is always good! :)

The semi's I use in the salon are shades EQ by Redken. In my opinion head and shoulders above anything else on the market. These are only available to Redken salons, so I rarely quote them on here. I am personlly not a fan of richesse or diacolour, but I do use majirel as my main permanent range.
I have used diacolour in the past, so am fully coversant with it.

If I was color correcting this in my salon, I would use shades eq 7nb. No prepig(not needed with this amazing range) and no permanent. It would come out perfect target colour and last about 5 weeks.

so if you need to put warmth into bleached hair to pre pigment do you use the level of what you are trying to achieve? say i was trying to achieve a leve 10 would i use a 10/1/2 34? of majirel and leave on for like 5 minutes? i am just tryng to get my head round it.or trying to achieve an 8, i put on 8,34? or target colour 9,02 pre pig 9,04? this right cause coppers have red and orange pigments in it.

Latest posts

Back