Bleach blonde to dark blonde/light brown lowlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
I have a client tonight who is looking to go from full head bleach blonde to blonde with some low lights.

She is a base 6 currently and looking for prob 6 or 7 lowlights.

I know I ideally need to pre-pig the hair as I tested the hair with a 7/7:3 (wella) and it barely lifted however I was hoping to not have to pre pig the foils then go back in and low light as this will take hours.

Does anyone have any quick win options as I still have to full head foil the growth as well as low lights and bleach foils then tone aghhhhh lol

Feedback greatly appreciated.

I have a client tonight who is looking to go from full head bleach blonde to blonde with some low lights.

She is a base 6 currently and looking for prob 6 or 7 lowlights.

I know I ideally need to pre-pig the hair as I tested the hair with a 7/7:3 (wella) and it barely lifted however I was hoping to not have to pre pig the foils then go back in and low light as this will take hours.

Does anyone have any quick win options as I still have to full head foil the growth as well as low lights and bleach foils then tone aghhhhh lol

Feedback greatly appreciated.

If she is bleach blonde and wants lowlights you will definately need a 6 to even show and it wont come out this dark as it's on light hair, if you go for something quite golden/caramel you shouldnt need to prepig, just do say 3 foils bleach/ 1 foil dark all the way through , just remember which foils are the dark so you dont wash the dark and light off together and get a nice wishy washy colour thats run into each other, what range do you use? and if you use a 6 you dont need to worry about lifting roots and deposting ends :) makes your life that little bit easier.

Hi Bluerise I use wella just now. I attemplted a 7:3 as i thought this would provide the warmth without pre-pig.

Would you siggest just taking it down to a 6:3 then?

Tax

Hi Bluerise I use wella just now. I attemplted a 7:3 as i thought this would provide the warmth without pre-pig.

Would you siggest just taking it down to a 6:3 then?

Tax

Personally yes, or maybe 6/75? Lovely colour, i always go slightly darker than they want if their blonde just because it will come up lighter and I dint want it to fade out as soon as I wash it. Hth

Smashing will give it a try. I thought going 7.3 was dark enough for what she was wanting but in hindsight it clearly wasn't. Will try this and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again x

I'd go 1/2 7/7 and 1/2 6/7, or 3/4 of the 7/7

Hi there,

I have always used this method, its a cheat but a time saving one. When someone is bleach blonde the best thing to do to get colour to stay is to use Colour touch, it lasts like a permanent but will fade after about week five. It means that you don't have to re-pig and also gives the hair something to hold onto. I use this religiously on my bleach blondes and i haven't had a bad result in 6 years. The 6's do come out darker so go for sevens but i love the result. I did it on mine and i haven't looked back. it makes it so shiny and not dull or khaki( i wouldnt use it if it did)

Hi there,

I have always used this method, its a cheat but a time saving one. When someone is bleach blonde the best thing to do to get colour to stay is to use Colour touch, it lasts like a permanent but will fade after about week five. It means that you don't have to re-pig and also gives the hair something to hold onto. I use this religiously on my bleach blondes and i haven't had a bad result in 6 years. The 6's do come out darker so go for sevens but i love the result. I did it on mine and i haven't looked back. it makes it so shiny and not dull or khaki( i wouldnt use it if it did)

I do exactly the same as you, dont use wella im a loreal girl, but if im low lighting over bleach id use richesse rather than majirel, i too find the colours grab really well and hold so much better xXx

This advice maybe too late...

I sometimes use a product in Goldwell's Colorance range called Lowlights, which you mix with an activator called CoverPlus (which I think is 2%), there are 4 cans depending on what depth and tone you want, I think they are 5/6 Natural, 7/8 Natural, 5/6 Warm 7/8 Warm, they add as I said depth and tone with no need to pre-pig. They are not suitable on all blondes, but when they are suitable they are great and do no damage with very little fade.

Might be worth a try. x

Thanks geeks, I went to my supplier and they didn't have any 6/7's at all so ended up with a 6:35 in ION (never heard of this brand) but anyway it turned out lovely was really impressed. Now just need to see how it looks after a few washes!!!

Think the Color Touch idea is good and did think about using CT as I did that with my own hair. Defo an idea for next time thanks :)

Hi there,

I've just read this as I also want to lowlight lightened hair. I have taken your advice and picked a 7 in colour touch (only just started experimenting with the Wella colours) the 7.3 looked way too warm on the chart so ive picked a 7.03 as it was softer. Do you think this will be ok (worried about it looking khaki).

Thanks

Latest posts

Back