Bleach help ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
Need some advice please..
I have someone insisting that her fringe be fully bleached!! She's adamant that as her highlites are growing out it looks rediculous and a full bleach would look better :eek: I've tried to tell her it will look worse as shell have a really harsh line against her dark regrowth but she's having none of it.. I've said I will pack out her fringe in really close foils but again she is still having none if it!

A little background, she went to a salon for a bleach bath and highlites to get rid of her live xxl red... I have done her one set of highlites since but she says they bleached the whole fringe last time... But when I did it it was the fringe she was moaning about the re growth, which can't of been more than 1/2" anyway

I haven't ever used bleach on the scalp before.. Can you reccomend what I could use and what level of developer I can go up too as if I have to stick with a low one its not going to lift up anyway

She wants this done today so please if you could help I'd really appreciate it :)

Whats her natural base?
So is she wanting highlights everywhere then bleach on her scalp- but just the fringe area?? X

And what bleach do you use x

I use TIGI true lights powder bleach because it's brilliant and you can use it on or off scalp.

You can get it at several wholesalers.

Whats her natural base?
So is she wanting highlights everywhere then bleach on her scalp- but just the fringe area?? X

Thanks :) she is a 4 naturally, and yes she says she is happy with her highlites but wants a fully bleached fringe?

I normally use the Sally's white bleach but I'm sure you can't use this on the scalp as its burnt me on more than one occasion when highliting

The thing is I just think its going to be the same regardless of how I do it.. When she asked me to do her re growth the first time she said it was really bad etc, it was no more than 1/2 an inch, so small infact I told her it wasn't even worth doing but she was insistent

I use TIGI true lights powder bleach because it's brilliant and you can use it on or off scalp.

You can get it at several wholesalers.

Thanks, can you use this with any level of developer on scalp?

You want to buy a good quality bleach and use no higher than 6% on scalp. You should know this its covered in basic training. It will lift with 6% it just takes longer but develops less yellow.

You want to buy a good quality bleach and use no higher than 6% on scalp. You should know this its covered in basic training. It will lift with 6% it just takes longer but develops less yellow.

Some bleaches you can actually use 30vol on scalp.
But i dont find it necessary!

I use loreal platine infinie (with 20vol) its fab! You should be able to get it at your warehouse.
And you'll probably need a toner for afterwards as on scalp always looks more brassy.
Charge her accordingly and id warn her that her roots will be through within a week! Xx

Do you remember every single thing you learnt years ago? You are a better person than me if you do!

Thanks for the advice everyone :) managed to persuade her into loads of fine foils and it looked great :)

Good girl! I kinda remember everything! One thing I do know is that It is wise to always try to keep your reputation intact! You definitely made the right decision, I would have gently refused to full head bleach just her fringe and would have happily lost her custom to someone else who was prepared to do it! Good on you! ❤

Beccalou

Latest posts

Back