Bleach / lightener-does it really matter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELLE BELLA

Reaction score
I've recently gone back to a salon after some years mobile , bleach is now referred to as "lightener " I can understand that the word " bleach " sounds frightening to clients , but to be corrected by fellow professional s ( co workers) when discussing colouring privately is a tad irritating "IITS STILL BLEACH OKAY !!!!!!"

It's the same with peroxide! Now it's developer [emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I've recently gone back to a salon after some years mobile , bleach is now referred to as "lightener " I can understand that the word " bleach " sounds frightening to clients , but to be corrected by fellow professional s ( co workers) when discussing colouring privately is a tad irritating "IITS STILL BLEACH OKAY !!!!!!"

I completely understand the point you're making but be careful not to come across as stuck in your ways and resistent to change. The terminology has changed and it's best to keep up.

Imagine if you were working in a salon with a staff member who insisted on referring to highlights as streaks! Would you respect them as an experienced professional or dismiss them as someone who's simply out of date :eek:

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I say bleach and I have to correct myself [emoji23]

I get your point but "streaks" is not a term I've ever heard from a qualified hairstylist !

I get your point but "streaks" is not a term I've ever heard from a qualified hairstylist !

She was a mature lady who was the salon expert on sets and perms...I learnt some useful tips from her.

However, she could only do basic cuts and had never learnt to cut a graduated bob. And she ALWAYS referred to highlights as streaks. :D

Latest posts

Back