Bleach to golden blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isla36

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a client with Base 9 roots and bleached ends who wants to achieve a 9.3 warm blonde almost strawberry blonde. I was thinking 8.3 with 10 vol.

Isla36, if you could provide the colour house you work with as well as a photo of the desired colour- strawberry blonde could mean so many colours! And then I'm sure we could help you.

That looks like a gold/ coppery blonde to me. Not a clean blonde at all. Nothing like strawberry. That's why photos are better. What were your thoughts?

Hi everyone, I have a client with Base 9 roots and bleached ends who wants to achieve a 9.3 warm blonde almost strawberry blonde. I was thinking 8.3 with 10 vol.

It all really depends on how porous the ends are. If it was me I would always drop down a shade on bleach because it is always bound to fade at least one level up. I use clynol viton s and if your client wants more of a strawberry blonde I would go with using 9.4 on the roots and 8.4 on the ends. If she wanted something deeper I would go for or 7.4 all over. A much deeper, richer colour. The tone 4 is known as auburn. A mixture of ash and red tones. I use this more than any 3/gold. If you use a 3/gold you just risk it going orange. Especially on bleached hair.

Hope that helps.

Thankyou, I use wella, the first picture is now and second is the colour she wants
Ive just seen the picture and that is nothing like strawberry blond. That looks like a full head bleach with no toner. i'm sorry to say this but I would never let a client walk out of the salon like that. If I have got the pictures the right way round, why would she want to get rid of that beauty blonde hair!

If you want a copper blond I would use a 9.5 (5/copper) on roots and mix up 8.0 and 'mix tones C' for the ends as clynol do not offer 8.5. That will properly differ in wella.

Last edited:
Can I just add that I would recommend weaving out some of the blond on the parting and temples (top up the roots if need be with bleach) going from white/ash blond to copper blond will be quite a shock for anyone. Leaving some of the white blond will just break it up slightly. If you are going to leave some of the blond on the parting make sure leave some at the temple so if she ties it up it looks even.

Hi thanks for replies this is a new client I've not done her colour she's been doing it herself.

Isla36 I hope I didn't offend you. A lovely strawberry toner in Wella is the new Innosence 10/95 from the mineral collection. It's a lovely champagne blonde. If you add a 1 to 2g of /65 it will make it more pinky strawberry or 1 to 2g of 77/44 more coppery. You call also use in Illumina 10/05 and 9/43 as a toner or 9/43 and 8/05. All of the above mixes are 1 product to 2 pastel. If you do a search under strawberry blonde you'll find more. I hope that helps.

Are you doing a full head bleach first?

Latest posts

Back