Bleaching body hair...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurpakpink

Reaction score
A new client has asked me if I could bleach her arms and top lip...I did of course suggest waxing but she declined...(I'll work on her!!! :)) Was just wondering if anyone does much bleaching on the body and face and what products you use to do this???

Thanks x

I don't do bleaching in the salon but before I went into the industry I used to bleach my own upper lip and I used Jolen cream. I'm pretty sure that Beauty Express sell it but so do Boots!

edited: found the Beauty Express link Buy Jolen Crème Bleach 30ml from Beauty Express

years ago....before waxing, i did use jolen cream bleach which i just bought from boots, to do my top lip. but too be honest, it made the hair more noticeable!!!!:o
i did find this cream good at getting rid of the colour and would imagine it would be good for the arms but really not the toplip!please try to get her to change her mind!!lol....its not a good look!
i am just wondering though, and please dont take offense, why she has asked you to do it when she could do it at home just as good?
xxx

Regarding bleaching arms, It's like a lot of things........what we would use at home and what we use in the salon are so different as it wouldn't be allowed. As this is a pro site, it would be unprofessional to give details of our own 'mix' so yeah, I guess it's Jolene in the salon or a similar procuct. xxx

You could always do alkaline skin washing. After about a year of treatments facial hair is almost non existant. I have done this on many clients with superfluous facial hair and it worled a treat. Kinder than waxing (and also prevents those annoying little spots when the client ignores aftercare and applies makeup) and better than bleaching.

Dosnt work as well on leg hair or pubic hair, and the finer the hair the quicker the results but its a good alternative to waxing and lasts 4 weeks.

Kate

I don't do bleaching in the salon but before I went into the industry I used to bleach my own upper lip and I used Jolen cream. I'm pretty sure that Beauty Express sell it but so do Boots!

edited: found the Beauty Express link Buy Jolen Crème Bleach 30ml from Beauty Express

Thanks, I do have a tub of Jolen Creme Bleach at home - I'll use that. Was just wondering if there is a better product out there to use... xx

years ago....before waxing, i did use jolen cream bleach which i just bought from boots, to do my top lip. but too be honest, it made the hair more noticeable!!!!:o
i did find this cream good at getting rid of the colour and would imagine it would be good for the arms but really not the toplip!please try to get her to change her mind!!lol....its not a good look!
i am just wondering though, and please dont take offense, why she has asked you to do it when she could do it at home just as good?
xxx

I will work on her with the waxing!! No offence taken hun - TBH I don't know why she doesn't do it herself? Perhaps she thinks it would be better done by me!! :eek: xxx

You could always do alkaline skin washing. After about a year of treatments facial hair is almost non existant. I have done this on many clients with superfluous facial hair and it worled a treat. Kinder than waxing (and also prevents those annoying little spots when the client ignores aftercare and applies makeup) and better than bleaching.

Dosnt work as well on leg hair or pubic hair, and the finer the hair the quicker the results but its a good alternative to waxing and lasts 4 weeks.

Kate

Soz if I am being totally thick but what is Alkaline skin wash? I have never heard of it!?!? :confused: x

Regarding bleaching arms, It's like a lot of things........what we would use at home and what we use in the salon are so different as it wouldn't be allowed. As this is a pro site, it would be unprofessional to give details of our own 'mix' so yeah, I guess it's Jolene in the salon or a similar procuct. xxx

I'll PM you Kim xx

Bit similar to veet only much much stronger. The strength helps to partly destroy the hair follicles to reduce growth. Takes about ten minutes to do and can be done on the whole body. Its kind of a wimps option instead of waxing, IPL or Electrolysis. Its not as good as Electrolysis or IPL as it takes much longer to have an effect but its a good alternative.

Kate

Bit similar to veet only much much stronger. The strength helps to partly destroy the hair follicles to reduce growth. Takes about ten minutes to do and can be done on the whole body. Its kind of a wimps option instead of waxing, IPL or Electrolysis. Its not as good as Electrolysis or IPL as it takes much longer to have an effect but its a good alternative.

Kate

oooooooooh sounds interesting....how/where do you learn to do this?xxx

Latest posts

Back