blending tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
just a quick question, after being taught to blend the tip by filing and dabbing on acetone to lift the coulur I have now changed to gig's way and started filing from the free edge up (after reading the great nailclass) but I always have a problem with the line still being visible under the product, do you have to totally make the well area line disappear because I am having a few problems and am afraid of hurting the client.

yes you do max's mummy - lol

I have the same problem, just blend them as much as you dare then switch to a 240 grit and very gently blend the last bit in with feather like strokes...I still havent got it 100% right myself x

thanks, good to know I'm not the only one, I swear I stare and stare at the finished nails making the line stronger and stronger through the product, does the pink gel bond really help this problem x
Aspirations said:
yes you do max's mummy - lol

I have the same problem, just blend them as much as you dare then switch to a 240 grit and very gently blend the last bit in with feather like strokes...I still havent got it 100% right myself x

Have to tried pre-blending them..so you are not doing as much filing while the tip is on the nail...??? its not for everyone but i prefer it. xxx

sundial said:
thanks, good to know I'm not the only one, I swear I stare and stare at the finished nails making the line stronger and stronger through the product, does the pink gel bond really help this problem x

I love pink gel bond always use it and find it helps, every little helps when it comes to reducing the time of blending in a tip.
Are you both pre tailoring your tips first before you apply them? Reducing the contact area and debulking the tip until it is really thin will reduce your filling near the nail plate.

Tigger x

Good tip, I might try that tonight will let you know how I get on x
NailStyle said:
Have to tried pre-blending them..so you are not doing as much filing while the tip is on the nail...??? its not for everyone but i prefer it. xxx

Hi,
My essential nails course gave me a useful tip (excuse the pun). When filing the side walls to blend the tip, always finish with an upward stroke of your file, that seems to do the trick for me.

Keep at it
icon_biggrin.gif

Fran
xxx

My pink gel bond is ordered and hopefully will arrive this week xx, when you say pre tailoring do you mean filing and cutting away some of the well area? sorry I have only been doing this for 2 months so sorry if I sound a bit mentally challenged x
Tigger said:
I love pink gel bond always use it and find it helps, every little helps when it comes to reducing the time of blending in a tip.
Are you both pre tailoring your tips first before you apply them? Reducing the contact area and debulking the tip until it is really thin will reduce your filling near the nail plate.

Tigger x

I already tailor the tips and use pink gelbond, i dont think im doing anything really wrong, just seems to take me ages to get them all blended nicely... thats if i dont go too far and either make them paper thin or make a hole! sometimes i deliberately dont blend as thin but then if im not doing pink and whites i can sometimes see the little bit of line that i havent made dissapear! I will get better at this! lol

What are the best tips to use I have been told some are easier to blend than others, I am using star nails and midas, but have ordered creative's eclipse tips
NailStyle said:

Yes, I always cut out well area with curved scissors, blend the tip as per gigis tutorial starting at free edge and working down (with lower grit) and then when on client swap to high grit (i like white blocks sometimes).

Pink gelbond will help no end.

xx

Latest posts

Back