Blonde/banded/homedye/corrcetion HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im not feeling very confident with this client I have on friday. I have a lady with long thick wavy hair, quiet dry. She has about two to three inches regrowth, base 6 with a few quiet noticable greys. She then has about the same of a brassy home dye colour where she has tried to dye her roots a few months ago, then the rest of the hair is like a base 10, obviosuly from the last time she had a pro job, which she had done at a local college. She wants all grey covered, all over blonde, to match the lengths and ends. I was thinking of bleach and tone the roots. Or prelighten the roots with bleach and then add a majirel shade. She does not want hi lightes, as wants the grey covered completely, I said would you mind having a couple different blondes through it, she said yes as long as there is no grey. Help! Im not sure what I am going to do yet, she is all patch tested and ready to go. I will do a more in depth consultation when I see her but what would anyone suggest! X

I'd be inclined to tone down it all to a base 8.... Remember if the hair is long and dry (probably porous) the ends were probably about a base 8.

What is she getting cut off? If you bleach up the roots so they match the very blonde ends, will you continue to do this next time she comes in?

U could bleach out the brassy band? And then tint on top?

Hi thanks for your kind reply. I am going to bleach out the top, and then tint it. She is adament that she wants to keep it realy blonde like the lengths and ends, and then give her a trim. She never straightenes her hair she lets it naturaly go curly so her hair isnt realy badly damaged or anything like, its just dry and wavy! Then I am going to tint it, land get her to take it down to an 8 would be a good plan. She doesnt want it too cool, so I am going to keep it natural tones. Does this sound good? I am going to advise her too have the regrowth done regularly, bleach and tint the roots, and take through what needs doing with a semi or colour bath. x

Hi thanks for your kind reply. I am going to bleach out the top, and then tint it. She is adament that she wants to keep it realy blonde like the lengths and ends, and then give her a trim. She never straightenes her hair she lets it naturaly go curly so her hair isnt realy badly damaged or anything like, its just dry and wavy! Then I am going to tint it, land get her to take it down to an 8 would be a good plan. She doesnt want it too cool, so I am going to keep it natural tones. Does this sound good? I am going to advise her too have the regrowth done regularly, bleach and tint the roots, and take through what needs doing with a semi or colour bath. x

Careful with naturals if you going down to an 8 I always find 7-8 look a bit khaki sometimes especially if you are going from light it might grab on dry ends, so maybe a little bit of warmth depending on what colour brand you use. 8.03 in loreal
would be a good one

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Yes I was thinking natural/golden, dont want any ash or green lol. yeah I am a loreal user. Thanks again x

sorry, jus a wee question . . .why are u pre lightening the roots when they are just a base 6 naturally. . when the woman has dry wavy hair? isnt that a bit over the top? as said above her ends are probably faded. if it were me i would be sorting out the brassy band first, lifting it slightly so it is closer to the ends. once thats sorted you have a pretty basic colour and foils on your hands.
all over colour and highlights. covers grey, multi tonal blonde, BAM everyones happy.
ps this will be classed as a colour correction in my eyes so charge appropriatly. x

Latest posts

Back