Blonde hair / toner help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingpink

Reaction score
I am not a hairdresser so I just want some advice until my next hair appointment, I have full head highlights on long hair and it really blonde, I have a toner put on too Goldwell 10p mixed with clear, when I have it done it looks FAB but only for 2-3 days then it goes back to a corn blonde with what I call brassy tones, I use silver shampoos, and pure pearl conditioner and look after my hair, what can I do? I have used a toner a home in the past as suggested by my hairdresser but not the goldwell 10p I used whiter shade of pale by Fudge, any suggestions? My hair does seem to be 'flat' in colour at the moment too, its lacking in luisture and shine, perhaps too over processed? it feels nice just looks dull.....so for rambling but I like my hair and want it right and pay lots of money to get it right.

ash colours dont shine as much as golden colours ,perhaps thats why it looks dull? (unless in uv light lol) also if your hair is overprocessed and dry it may not hold the tone as well and keep reverting back to gold . id try a couple of restructuring treatments and then see if the tone holds better.
Also ,if you smoke ,cook alot or live in a highly polluted area ,if your hair is light it could be absorbing all these dirty yellow tones .

Hi, check that your hairdresser isn't taking the bleach all the way through to the ends each time you have your highlights done

as this can make it the hair over processed ,
and toners may not hold in well,

you may just need a clarifying shampoo as it could have pollution build up
Toni and Guy do a nice one :hug:

Latest posts

Back