Blonde obsession

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaylarrmarie

Reaction score
So this is my first thread, just joined this site. But have looked at it several times over the last couple months when trying to figure out my hair issues.

I am a licensed cosmetologist since 2009, with a natural level 7-8 (mousey dirty blonde. ashy)

First of all, the backstory.. I've been a blonde my entire life, and have used Redken Color Gels 9NA w/30vol with highlights for 4 years..going on 5. This past March, I switched to Kenra 9A w/30vol for a more vibrant, brighter blonde. I loved it, then over time felt like I was "too blonde." I've tried different lines, but never gone under a 9. I miss the subtle warmth that the NA gave me (sounds crazy I know, natural ash, but it did.) So I started using the Redken 9NA again on my new growth ONLY. But, I've realized the "warmth" was only..beige looking. And I'm no longer a fan.

Now for my question..anyone who is experienced in Wella Koleston color, what are you favorite blonde shades? I dont want "OMG GOLD" but I don't want pale ash anymore. Has anyone used Koleston 10/38, or even 9/38? I want something subtle, but different enough that I can still break it up with highlights & lowlights. I've always loved dimensional blondes.
Sorry for the crazy long post, but if anyone has ideas, I'd love your help. It's just my roots that I don't like, I have no damage to my hair, I do deep conditioning treatments often, and it's long.

PS- hair "goddesses" to me with the perfect kind of blonde are of course Jessica Simpson. But Claire Danes has a beautiful pale golden/yellow. I've done plenty of searching of what I desire..just cant quite get to it.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,577
  • Jessica-Simpson.jpg
    Jessica-Simpson.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 357
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 401
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,252
Last edited:
Claire Danes has a bleach and tone in that pic. For me I like to tone my bleach and tone with koleston 10/16 and 10/03 with 10vol. For 10 minutes. Gives me a nice clean blonde with just a wee little bit of gold. Not as much as Claire Danes. More like the first pic.

Last edited:
Claire Danes has a bleach and tone in that pic. For me I like to tone my bleach and tone with koleston 10/16 and 10/03 with 10vol. For 10 minutes. Gives me a nice clean blonde with just a wee little bit of gold. Not as much as Claire Danes. More like the first pic.
Well I don't want to lift my roots with bleach. But with color. And I want to get away from ash, not run to it. That's what I've done since the beginning & it's just made my hair look pale.

I have achieved that type of colour (third pic) before on a natural level 7 (fine/medium texture) by using Luocolour (l'oreal) 9.3 / 9G + 15vol. The result was golden but still very soft.

I originally just intended to break the base with it, so I applied it to the roots of towel dried hair, but really liked how it was lifting so left it on the roots for about 10 minutes, and then ran it over the old pre-lightened ends for about 5 few more minutes to tone them.

It is a translucent colour line, you might be able to get a simulator effect if there is a clear shade you can add into a gold shade.

=)

Latest posts

Back