Blonde to brunette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alishamarie

Reaction score
Help please!! I currently use Loreal colour x

My client is currently a level 8 blonde but more an 8.3, with a natural root of a level 5 with about 20% grey. She wants to go to a chocolate brown level 5. So I was going to pre tone with a 6.3 and 6 vol. Then do a root tint of Majirel 5 and 5.32 (putting 5 in there so I don’t get glowy roots) and the ends with diarichesee 5.32. Do you think this would suit or have you any other suggestions?

Thank you so much!!!

Hi!
A bit late, but for your future reference ill give you my take on this scenario.
Majirel 5.32 would be fine on it's own on her natural roots because it's level on level with 20vol and she's only 20% grey so there's not much point in subduing a colour when it isn't necessary. Majirel will always colour 100% with your dream shade as long as 20 vol is used and the client is less than 50% grey naturally.

I would actually pre tone / fill the hair prior to applying the roots with dialight 3/4 6.3 + 1/4 7.43 and a dash of clear + 6 vol. This way your colour wont deepen too much due to the porosity of the hair, you've got extra warmth in there to help fill lost pigment and reduce fading too. And I find it's always good to add a little bit of copper into fillers since gold (3) can go a bit dull and almost greeny sometimes. The clear is also added for a little bit of control with the development.

Id then Apply my midlengths and ends with the root colour (after rinsing pre tone + drying off)
In this step id go with DiaRichesse rather than dialight to help secure the colour molecules into the hair as it is an alkaline based colour vs dialight which is acidic and a bit more conditioning (but wont last as long on the hair).
I'd be using a richesse 1/2 6.01 + 1/2 5 + 6 vol to ensure the colour is being neutralised (due to adding pigment underneath) and to also make sure that we are reaching our desired level (but also not going darker since porous and sensitive hair grabs a lot more and could potentially go darker than the base colour used).

Hope this helps a little bit! Happy to answer any questions.

Latest posts

Back