Blonde to burgundy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halford89

Reaction score
I want to be magenta , redish burgundy ish

Question​

My natural hair color is very very very very very very dark brown almost black but (naturally) has red tone to it in the Sunlight so it's kind of dark dark dark dark brown. Also my hair is very thick and curly wavy and somewhat coarsed​

March of this year 2017 I bleached my hair with quick blue I picked up from Sally's Beauty Supply I use 40 developer and my hair came out Orange which is what I had expected so then​

I waited two days, saturated my hair in coconut oil for both days & on the third day I bleached it again and it came out yellow orange /gold range so I did a bleach wash and got a yellow with some orange​

Bleach washed it again and got this sort of pale yellow​

I'm mixed Wella color charm 12A frosty ash and T18 ash blonde and results were exciting I had reached the lightest pale blonde my hair has ever been barely had any yellow tone to it. it was pretty! After several months of keeping up with the roots I was sick of it & my hair grew out almost 2 inches before I decided to go red​

Only this time I had a bad idea​

So I bleached my roots but left the orange result I thought it was fine to have those undertone since I was going red anyhow I just didn't want my roots to be so much darker than the rest of my hair it being pale yellow and my roots being super duper dark brown​

This is where my bad idea came in​

I went to Walgreens and bought box dye two boxes as a matter of fact colored my hair all over and the results were a maroon mahogany Aggie color until the first wash then it was what I like to call Berry Starburst color and then it was almost pink and then it was a rose gold color and now my hair is like gold and then I have a redish section from where my orange Roots were and now I have my new Roots which are dark dark dark dark brown falling all right in together​

I really enjoyed that mahogany color for the first 2 days I even enjoyed the pinkish rose gold color​

So I'm asking for advice this go around​

How do I achieve the magenta burgundy color hair​

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_134018806.jpg
    IMG_20181105_134018806.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture+_2018-11-05-02-53-12.png
    Capture+_2018-11-05-02-53-12.png
    918.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture+_2018-11-05-02-54-06.png
    Capture+_2018-11-05-02-54-06.png
    776.9 KB · Views: 17
This is the color I'm shooting for
IMG_20181105_041344552.jpg

This is the color I have (below)
IMG_20181105_134018806.jpg

Please visit a good colourist for professional advice. Using strong chemicals without the appropriate knowledge can lead to serious damage and hair breakage. If money is an issue, look for a salon or college that advertises for ‘models’ for the students to train on.

Latest posts

Back