Blonde toner advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nee0890

Reaction score
Hi there i have a client whos natural colour isint very dark its an 8 but she wants to be an ash blonde but she is obsessed with some places going a tad warm so i used to use a 12/1 and come out warm so use a 12/89 and she said its to blonde and still had warmth around her crown so she went and got her hair cut cos i didn't have time in another salon and they put a toner on her hair she don't have a clue which one just that they mixed with with peroxide and that its taken the warmth away and toner her hair down! Does anyone have some idea what they used or what i can use please shes coming in the week x

Hi there i have a client whos natural colour isint very dark its an 8 but she wants to be an ash blonde but she is obsessed with some places going a tad warm so i used to use a 12/1 and come out warm so use a 12/89 and she said its to blonde and still had warmth around her crown so she went and got her hair cut cos i didn't have time in another salon and they put a toner on her hair she don't have a clue which one just that they mixed with with peroxide and that its taken the warmth away and toner her hair down! Does anyone have some idea what they used or what i can use please shes coming in the week x

If there's orange present use 10/8 with pastel 1:2
If there's yellow present use 10/16 with pastel 1:2
10-20mins x

Thank you hun I've never used pastel before so be interesting to see how it comes out :)

Thank you hun I've never used pastel before so be interesting to see how it comes out :)

No probs I love toning with pastel let us no how you get on x

If there's orange present use 10/8 with pastel 1:2
If there's yellow present use 10/16 with pastel 1:2
10-20mins x

Hi, so if the 12/89 was used with 40vol, you would then the warm roots with either 10/8 or 10/16 and pastel?x

*tone the warm roots

If she's a base of an 8 so the underlying pigment is yellow why not use 12/61 and some 12/89 if you say it goes a bit warm. I would put some 12/89 in if her natral base of a 8 is a warm 8. x

[QUOTE=Chantelle sounds good, ive never tried 12/61. Could I use then 1/2 12/61 + 1/4 12/89 + 40vol for 60mins to cut the warmth?x

Chantelle sounds good said:
a wee trick you could also try is leave the colour on for and extra 20mins. So instead of leaving on for 60mins (without heat), leave for 1 hour 20 mins, or if using a climazone leave for 40 mins instead of 20 mins. x

a wee trick you could also try is leave the colour on for and extra 20mins. So instead of leaving on for 60mins (without heat), leave for 1 hour 20 mins, or if using a climazone leave for 40 mins instead of 20 mins. x

Interesting trick. Does it deposit tone better? Will try this, thanks!

Just used the 10/8 with pastel come out a lovely colour think i could become addicted using the toners with pastel lol thank you so much x

Just used the 10/8 with pastel come out a lovely colour think i could become addicted using the toners with pastel lol thank you so much x

Hi, interesting reading this as I normally use luo PO toner or dia colour ice milkshake. Can u tell me what make you are talking about is it wells and what make is the pastel toners? Thanks love finding out new colours x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, interesting reading this as I normally use luo PO toner or dia colour ice milkshake. Can u tell me what make you are talking about is it wells and what make is the pastel toners? Thanks love finding out new colours x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi your profile doesn't give any indication if you're a hairdresser or not.

Perhaps you could fill in some details? :)

Latest posts

Back