Blood shot eye from eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titterbug

Reaction score
My daughter had semipermanent eyelash extension put on at the beauty UK at the NEC show.....she said her Eye was sore after it and the lady said it would go away.....it did after a bit....but she woke up this morning and the eye was bloodshot at the bottom and she said it felt bruised.....help I don't know what to do????....I am going to make a appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning she's doing a GCSE is at the moment so it's a bit hit and miss.... And of course I keep saying she has to take them all off....and she is really mad at me because she paid for and self ....but I don't know what to do and I don't know what it is??? Please help will it go away?????

Last edited:
It could be the way the pad was put on maybe but did she have a patch test previous to the treatment to check any reactions to adhesive??

It could be the way the pad was put on maybe but did she have a patch test previous to the treatment to check any reactions to adhesive??
No patch test at all......so mad I am going to ring them x

This sounds more like a chemical burn. It occurs when the eye is not fully closed and the glue fumes are attracted to the moisture of the eye causing the burn. Reasons why eye isn't fully closed are eyepad is too close to the eye's waterline pushing the eye open, client talking during treatment as we naturally flicker our eyes when speaking. Also some clients as they relax their eyes creep open just a smidge but that is all that is required.

If it's just a mild case then can disappear within a couple of days but always wise to seek medical help.

She got her lashes done at the show but didn't patch test her?? This is shocking!!!! What company done them? They should be setting industry standards at a show.

Lucky it doesn't sound like a reaction. It's the fumes from the glue and this can be common with some clients. It can be uncomfortable for couple of days but it will go with no treatment needed. If it is this xx

I spoke to the company...as the payment didn't go through properly....and I told them about her eye so they haven't charged my daughter for the eyelashes....and this morning she has woken up and her eye is better....phew!!! I think it was the patch rubbing on her eye ...as there was a bit of a line on her eye ball....but it is all better now Thankyou...and I think it has cured her of her eyelash obsession and she's told me she won't be doing it again ..she will just use the stick on ones!!![emoji106] xx

What company done them?

Oh it's a shame you won't have lashes anymore because of that. They are very comfortable if done properly [emoji8][emoji8]

Latest posts

Back