Bluesky UV soak off gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollie_Meehan

Let's make everyone beautiful!!
Reaction score
What do people think of bluesky uv gel nail polish ? iv bin looking to get a starter kit , ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403649444.587383.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403649454.113131.jpg and these seam to pop up no matter what brand I put in ? Has any one used these ? If so what have you made of them ? And has any one used the thermal changing gel polishes ?

Hollie☀️

Hollie, funnily enough I was reading through some posts on this stuff as girl I know has started to use them. My only view and reason I looked is that my gels, OPI, are £xx plus VAT and she told me she was getting them via Ebay for £X I'm put off by the cheapness and the fact I couldn't charge what I do with clear conscience if I knew what I was paying for the gel. The girl I know is charging half what I do though which is how she's justifying it.
Ultimately though it's totally up to you, read the threads, sort through the arguments (;)) and decide then. :)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/265204-bluesky-gel-polish.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/261595-bluesky.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/260663-bluesky-advice-needed.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read some of them I'm still new that's why I asked I don't want knock offs xx

Hollie☀️

Hi Hollie, I can honestly say from experience. Save your money! I used to use (and now, again) and have been trained with CND Shellac, and felt for customers when they explained they just couldn't afford a fortnightly manicure using the product (Shallac has quite a high cost for the beautician so must be reflected in treatment price).

I bought some "Bluesky products" as it was a great deal cheaper and thought it might be nice to offer a more 'affordable' version of Shellac. I only tried it on myself and it was money wasted. I PEP the nail same as Shellac and capped the edges correctly etc. it was lifting and flaking within 3 days. I tried it 5 or 6 times on hands, feet and tried it on two of my friends to get their point of view.

In my opinion it really is worth saving, and being certified by CND Shellac and then you can purchase the True Shellac products.

Good Luck x

Buy cheap, buy twice Hun!!
If you can buy something on eBay like that for that cheap, there would be no market for big companies such as Shellac and Gelish!! I would much rather go with a reputable company who trains in the use of their product, not something cheap on eBay!
If you turn the situation around, if you were going to get your nails done, how would you feel somebody used some cheap rubbish off of eBay? search SalonGeek, you'll probably find 101 different threads on bluesky and if you google it, I'm sure you'll find 101 horror stories!! Stick to a decent reputable brand, don't make that mistake!! xx

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:
Defo not going there now I was looking up gelish and fell fx I found that salon express have a eBay store witch sells odd bits and they were taking over my surcharge bar from other sellers do you lot know any other brands that do thermal changing polish ? Xx

Hollie☀️

Defo not going there now I was looking up gelish and fell fx I found that salon express have a eBay store witch sells odd bits and they were taking over my surcharge bar from other sellers do you lot know any other brands that do thermal changing polish ? Xx

Hollie☀️

Crystal Nails have their Thermo range of colour changing polish they also have kits with mini bottles so you can try them x

Hollie☀️

LeChat has a very nice collection of 24 polishes - PERFECT MATCH™

Gel II has their Reaction and Reaction Remix lines - Reaction Colors | Buy Gel II

Only certain insurance companies will accept blue sky. If you buy from fleabay you don't have proper proof of purchase so if the worst happens your insurance will be null and void.
Be careful xx

I'm not mobile yet as Iv only just done my course and want to get my kits spot on and get my first year of college don't so will only be doing friends and family to get practice up ect + my little boy only 4 month and feel he is to little to be working it full time I want to be experienced before I go on to clients / people I don't know ! Xx

Hollie☀️

Only certain insurance companies will accept blue sky. If you buy from fleabay you don't have proper proof of purchase so if the worst happens your insurance will be null and void.
Be careful xx

I don't understand what you mean by you don't have proof of purchase if you buy something through eBay?
You pay for it the ought PayPal so you get a description of purchase and the price etc on that as a receipt through your email? Is that not a proof of purchase?

I don't understand what you mean by you don't have proof of purchase if you buy something through eBay?
You pay for it the ought PayPal so you get a description of purchase and the price etc on that as a receipt through your email? Is that not a proof of purchase?

Its proof you bought it from FleaBay but who did you buy it from? Not a recognised distributor... So basically you don't know what you're buying / purchasing. Most insurance co's are happy to insure when they know you have purchased from the correct distribution companies for the country you are in and also that you have proof of certification for that product.

Anyone can buy anything and sell it on FleaBay... You only have their say so as to what it is...

Here is a picture of a 4week chip free #bluesky manicure. I am such a fan for BS and would never harm my clients. BS was a bad product at the start but has changed and become a much better product. I'm fed up with people slating a cheaper product. I've used many different gel polishes and BS is up there with the rest. Much more colour ranges, more wearable durability. I would never slate another product I jut wouldn't use it.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408630424.738114.jpg

Haley from iphone5s

Here is a picture of a 4week chip free #bluesky manicure. I am such a fan for BS and would never harm my clients. BS was a bad product at the start but has changed and become a much better product. I'm fed up with people slating a cheaper product. I've used many different gel polishes and BS is up there with the rest. Much more colour ranges, more wearable durability. I would never slate another product I jut wouldn't use it.
View attachment 73288

Haley from iphone5s

This is not a case of slating another product as we are neither "slating," nor is this a legitimate product in its own right. BS has not stood as its own product, but has instead relied upon deception and intentional confusion with CND Shellac and Gelish. This has already been determined by the courts. This is not a matter of "slating" them, it's a simple statement of the legal facts.

You have every right to use BS (although your insurance company may have concerns), but your (potential) customers and your peers also have a right to assess you accordingly. Professional forums like this exit to support the profession, including developing standards and holding people accountable to those standards. Not using proper professional products is one of the first criteria in assessing a salon/tech as NSS.

Last edited:
Bluesky is NOT a professional product. Any tom dick and Harry can buy it and bluesky feed off this. The Irish distributors have a whole website dedicated to selling to the public and providing 'shellac' courses. I wouldn't like to go into a hair salon and have them use a box of Garnier colour I can buy down the road myself so why should nail salons be any different.

I completely agree that any tom dick and Harry can buy this product, but they can also go on eBay and purchase CND, NSI, so just because it's sold on eBay doesn't just give it a bad name.
Yes CND took BS to court and won and like I said earlier it's changed a lot since then. My insurance company do insure me and I have made every effort to find this out. I feel that I'm being judged by you guys that don't know me yet feel the right to, and what you are saying by that statement I'm a nss! Thank u very much. I worked hard to get where I am today just like we all did, yet because I don't use CND completely, I'm not professional? Hmmmm okay

Haley from iphone5s

And you can buy cnd from ebay amazon and numous other brands and bluesky no longer has the shellac name on the bottle so is there for not a fake/copy

I have no opinion on Blue Sky, never having purchased/used it I cannot comment. I have heard, though, that it had a stand at a recent pro show. If that is the case, surely that says something or are they open to any/everyone to exhibit without regard for being decent, safe, professional products?

I don't have a problem with blue-sky if that's what others want to use on their clients that's not my business, I only worry about what I choose for my own so certainly not "slating" what I can say is though that I don't know of any insurance company that would cover anyone for buying this type of product from EBay wether that be blue sky, Nsi or CND is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that Ebay is not an official distributor for any of these professional products and an insurance company will have no way of knowing that what is on the bottle is indeed what is in the bottle. Whatever you chose for your business, make sure you purchase it from the correct places for insurance purposes x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bluesky actually have their own website now so it doesn't have to be purchased off eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back